Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How safe are EMT`s?

How safe are EMT`s?

Just curious
    Last edited by darcy32171; 03-27-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    "You guys see the size of that cocka doodle god darn doo?"- Young Guns

not responding all of a sudden after good communication after the EMT is sent? I would cancel it and wait to hear back from him. Nothing wrong with asking for a phone number or a home address if its enough money to mean something to you. If they dont like your terms and your not comfortable, just move on, another deal will float by soon.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darcy32171 View Post
    The only info a buyer has is an e-mail address. Yes when you send an EMT you get a confirmation number, but still: how secure are they? When does a guy try to pull the pin and hit the cancel? Tried to buy a few and sent EMT and the seller`s PM box is full and not responding to e-mail either. I get panicky when I don`t deal in person.
    When the money is sent you are 100% vulnerable. If the other party wants to scam you there is nothing you can do.

Its like sending cash in an envelope to this person.

###### is ####, yes. At least you can dispute and fight if something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    When the money is sent you are 100% vulnerable. If the other party wants to scam you there is nothing you can do.

Its like sending cash in an envelope to this person.

###### is ####, yes. At least you can dispute and fight if something happens.
    100% Agreed!!! ###### or COD. You EMT and hope for the best regardless of their rating, what if you could be that guy he takes off on? Then what? Your SOL!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Pretty sure ######s policy precludes virtually all firearms related transactions...I wouldn't count on any protection from ######.

EMTs can be traced and the RCMPs fraud unit can investigate....but if its gotten to that level, I sincerely doubt you're getting any money back.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

BANNED
    My rule of thumb is if i cant get there myself and pay i cant have it. Unless it's someone i know, or someone i know who knows that person well and can vouch for him/her. (then my circle grows bigger)
    Firearm wise, i have to hold it at least once or better yet fire it(for used ones) to decide if i want it or not. For all other stuff i tend to buy from reliable stores online or local.
    Never had a problem that way ;D

BANNED
    ###### is owned by the same whacko's who own E-Bay. Same rabidly anti-firearm ownership policies too. Like giving money to the assorted anti-fireram ownership groups. Use either and YOU are funding people like Crazy Cukier.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    ###### is owned by the same whacko's who own E-Bay. Same rabidly anti-firearm ownership policies too. Like giving money to the assorted anti-fireram ownership groups. Use either and YOU are funding people like Crazy Cukier.
    Lots of stores selling firearm stuff (not firearms) were TOLD not to sell that stuff if they wanted to continue dealing with them. WHAT!! I mean have i missed something? Pay-Pal telling peoples what to sell in their own stores!!! It's just unacceptable. I'm thinking of a particular store where the guy is bending over backwards to get cool stuff into Canada that no one else wants to deal with, best guy i ever had the pleasure to do business with was one of them of course he threw them out but still.

EMT is a very secure method for transfer of funds.

That is completely different than whether or not you can be suckered into using it when someone defrauds you.

Use common sense, and you'll be ok.

These things can be traced, should things go wrong.
    That is far different than saying you'll get your money back - but if you were so inclined you could take action through civil court.
    But that's a whole other thing that would probably just end up costing you more money.

Judgments of garnishment are possible, I suppose - but you would have to a lot of leg work to get there - or hire a lawyer.

EMT is safer then ###### in my mind. There is always that slim chance you send someone money and they drop off the radar, but thats why we have a trader rating system. I understand (my wife uses ###### a lot) that ###### pretty much always sides with the buyer in any dispute. Which means if you buy something, all you need to do it tell ###### you never got the item (no real need to prove this) and they give you your money back, leaving the seller up s*it creek.
    Tight pants, tight groups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast