Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Shooting Edge - Customer service review

I've been treated poorly in person at the store, so I see nothing wrong with letting them know how we feel about how we're treated.

Been treated just fine every time I've gone. Once bought a couple P-mags, the sign said $18/mag but looking at my receipt in the car, it said $21/mag. Went back in, and the manager himself came over, offered his apologies, and refunded the difference no questions asked. Is it the best customer service I have ever received, nah, but I have certainly experienced far worse from gun shops. At least they don't leave me staring at the gun cases for 10 min while they attempt to make themselves look busy so they don't have to talk to a customer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    ive only been in the store 2 times as i dont live in Calgary, but i did have a chance to pick up a Kimber off them last Easter (or 2 easters ago.... cant recall) when they had their big sale on and i must say i got it for a STEAL!

that said, i did run into a small problem.
    i hope they dont mind me telling this, but the shipping on the gun took like 16 days.
    compared to another gun i purchased in Calgary at the same time was here at my place in 3 days.

now i cut them some slack since they had that massive Easter sale and where probably slammed.
    but i sent them a quick email telling them about my concern and ended the email by saying that i was happy and would continue to shop with them if they had products i wanted. i also left them my personal cell number in case they wanted some more info.

i was shocked when i received a phone call 2 days later from the manager asking me some questions and wanting to get to the bottom of this delayed shipping.
    after all the info was given and we had a fantastic chat i was asked if i minded if the owner called me.

i said i didn't mind at all.
    day later received a phone call from the owner.

he assured me that they had found the problem and it dealt with.

i was amazed.
    i had fantastic service when i purchased on the phone and fantastic follow up.
    only snag was the delay in shipping.

end of story i was very happy.
    ill purchase from them again, probably sooner if their web store was easier to use (hint hint!)
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

Have to say I have dealt with TSE many times and have had good results. All the guys and gals there have treated me well, including JR whom I found to be personable and helpful. I have to give credit where credit is due.
    NFA MEMBER CCFR MEMBER

BANNED
    Last edited by HumanCulling; 03-29-2014 at 01:16 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Now if they'd ever respond to inquiries from their own CONTACT form on their own website.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I've been treated poorly in person at the store, so I see nothing wrong with letting them know how we feel about how we're treated.
    I understand and agree.

If you do have an issue, please contact me personally at jr@theshootingedge.com or the retail manager; Steve at stevena@theshootingedge.com so we can investigate immediately and respond.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Now if they'd ever respond to inquiries from their own CONTACT form on their own website.
    If you do not get a response, please send an email directly to websales@theshootingedge.com as our webserver for the online stuff truly sucks and we are actively looking for an upgrade because we seem to miss a number of emails from the website form.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Then affix of the system is in order. The onus should not be on the customer to repeatedly request a response to products that you were selling. This is not a criticism but valuable input on a flawed system.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Then affix of the system is in order. The onus should not be on the customer to repeatedly request a response to products that you were selling. This is not a criticism but valuable input on a flawed system.
    100% agree

We have to earn your business everyday.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast