Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Shooting Edge - Customer service review

3 things...

1 - There are THREE sides (not 2) to every story... "mine", "yours", and the truth.

2 - I have had good & bad experiences at The Shooting Edge... And I've been shopping there for 5+ yrs, & I'm an Associate Member.

3 - RE: JR's comment about "bad apples"... ~cough~ Tony ~cough~

Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clhdluke View Post
    I believe the gentleman you are referring to is Gabe. He is fantastic to deal with and will answer questions to the best of his abilities. If he doesn't know something, he will find someone who does.
    Thanks,,,, I wouldn't want to go in there and call him Alan... LOL!
    HA - LARIOUS !

* Alan is, by far, JR's best employee... Gabe is a close 2nd.
    The psychotic murderer in Newtown, CT, broke 41 laws – how INSANE do you have to be to think the 42nd law would've had any effect on this madman ?

- Ted Nugent

My first experience with was in person last weekend. We had driven up from Lethbridge and I needed some accessories for a Fabarm Shotgun. I was shocked to be told that only the gunsmith sells Fabarm parts and he wasn't in. I had checked on the parts and the store hours but didn't think I need to check if the gunsmith would be in, who would to buy a piece of accessory rail and a mag extension. Anyway YOU DO. The staff was busy but nice, I tried to buy no less than 6 smaller to midpriced items from them $75 ~ $200 all sold out or unavailable. If I wanted a 1300 + AR I had a lot of choices (and some nice ones) but not so much for holsters, sights etc. Anyway the staff didn't get frustrated or try to ignore us an finally when we went to leave he recommend another store that would have 3 of the items I needed badly for an up coming event. I called them, they had it, I was happy. sooooooo I'm sorry some of you have had bad customer service but the staff treated my family well and despite not having anything to sell us themselves told us where we could get what we needed.
    Last edited by OldWays; 08-08-2014 at 01:55 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Wouldnt buy the antidote for snake bite from them with a rattler stuck to my arm. They're sell outs and cop outs in an industry that needs better.
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

I was by tse on Tuesday morning 40 mins before opening to register for a course. I called ahead and when I arrived the door was locked. A woman (who works there) was just getting to work and asked me to hold for a moment. She came back and I was able to sign myself and my friend up for our course as I would have had no other option to get this done this week. Thanks to the boys for opening the doors early for me!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clg View Post
    Likely because this thread is not an accurate representation on the way they do business, but more so half truths from displeased individuals. You're never going to have as many satisfied customers leave reviews as dissatisfied ones, and the dissatisfied ones are almost always louder.
    It also comes down to numbers: we are busier than most shops. This means more transactions and more chances to screw up. We are not a big box store, but with about $2 million in rotating inventory, we move a lot of stuff and unfortunately, we do make mistakes.

The double edged sword here is that we post and monitor this site so we can be contacted, but it also means people feel free to chime in over somethings, and they may be the most insignificant of issues that could have been solved by a quick phone call or email, but instead CGN was the first stop. This soon escalates and before you know it.... Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am really proud of the team I have now in place and they guys and girls here have, for the most part, have been with me for awhile, so product knowledge is getting stronger and stronger all of the time. We also just hired a gentleman, Jon, who has been a counter sales guy for about 2 decades in the industry and look forward to his tutelage with the younger staff.

While I would love to think we could reach perfection, I know what the realities are. However, the journey is still ongoing.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer
    Dealt wothwith Colin. Super professional on email and phone.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    It also comes down to numbers: we are busier than most shops. This means more transactions and more chances to screw up. We are not a big box store, but with about $2 million in rotating inventory, we move a lot of stuff and unfortunately, we do make mistakes.

The double edged sword here is that we post and monitor this site so we can be contacted, but it also means people feel free to chime in over somethings, and they may be the most insignificant of issues that could have been solved by a quick phone call or email, but instead CGN was the first stop. This soon escalates and before you know it.... Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am really proud of the team I have now in place and they guys and girls here have, for the most part, have been with me for awhile, so product knowledge is getting stronger and stronger all of the time. We also just hired a gentleman, Jon, who has been a counter sales guy for about 2 decades in the industry and look forward to his tutelage with the younger staff.

While I would love to think we could reach perfection, I know what the realities are. However, the journey is still ongoing.

JR
    I would not like to add to the drama and bear no ill will against anyone in particular. But I was less than impressed with the sales dept. I made numerous calls and emails trying to purchase 2 fabarm shotguns. And could never really nail down if and when I could get what I wanted. Everyone I spoke to was nice enough but in the end I never got what I wanted and ended up finding a different gun elsewhere and purchased it there.
    So I guess you folks are turning over enough product not to miss a sale here and there.
    I would shop there again but it would not be my first choice for a purchase.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    SSpike,

EVERY sale is important!

If you every fail to get the info or service you deserve, my direct email is jr@theshootingedge.com and the retail manager's is stevena@theshootingedge.com

Regards,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    SSpike,

EVERY sale is important!

If you every fail to get the info or service you deserve, my direct email is jr@theshootingedge.com and the retail manager's is stevena@theshootingedge.com

Regards,

JR
    I'll keep it in mind. Like I said, I don't feel hard done by or personally offended. From what I could gather from the staff the fabarm orders are difficult to track, as to when and what will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    I would not like to add to the drama and bear no ill will against anyone in particular. But I was less than impressed with the sales dept. I made numerous calls and emails trying to purchase 2 fabarm shotguns. And could never really nail down if and when I could get what I wanted. Everyone I spoke to was nice enough but in the end I never got what I wanted and ended up finding a different gun elsewhere and purchased it there.
    So I guess you folks are turning over enough product not to miss a sale here and there.
    I would shop there again but it would not be my first choice for a purchase.
    If the TSE website was more e-commerce friendly I think they'd avoid a lot of problems.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast