Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat AR15

I just came across this thread is there any way to put myself on the list

$3000 for an AR...I wonder how much extra it costs to have wilson combat stenciled on the receiver?? Im glad I took advantage of the sale put on this weekend. Picked up three NEA AR's in three different lengths for less than $3000 with lifetime warranty and canadian built. To me that makes more sense, but thats just me.

Expried Business Member
    Little known fact about Wilson Combat -- they have a side business as the world's finest, most detailed stencil maker!

All kidding aside, top-shelf rifles, like top-shelf pistols, really do offer a level of attention, hand-fitting, and precision that is not found in standard production guns. A production firearm may be reliable and plenty good for the majority of shooters/uses, but there will always be a Good Better Best scale for anything, especially items as complex as machines designed to contain tens of thousands of explosions safely and efficiently and produce a very specialized result a long distance away, repeatably. Wilson Combat has built a name on producing some of the finest firearms the world has ever seen, thanks to the individual attention of a single master gunsmith working on each pistol or rifle one by one. Bill Wilson founded not just a business, but paved the way for an entire industry of highly customized, precision-built firearms, based solely on his own achievements starting over three decades ago with the same formula.

Guns like this have a really fancy logo stenciled on the side, but much like books and people, it's what's inside that counts. These Wilson rifles, in particular, are widely hailed as utterly rock-solid reliable and highly accurate and have been selected by firearms instructors like Paul Howe, whose career in the US special operations community affords him a level of personal experience with rifles in adverse conditions that many of us simply do not have. Paul Howe's current business is the training of shooters from various walks of life and as such he has the unique opportunity to put immense round counts on firearms as part of his day job. Wilson guns are built one-by-one, to order, and none simply get assembled and sold as rack guns. Each is fitted and assembled by a master smith to ensure complete and total certainty of quality. That level of accountability is not seen in production brands. Wilson's employees cut the parts, deburr the parts, finish the parts, assemble the parts, and test the parts. They have been building their own barrels for two decades for the AR15 platform and longer for 1911 barrels and there has yet to be a report I've found of someone unsatisfied with a Wilson barrel's performance.

Wilson Combat's smiths are widely considered some of the best in the world, and this extends to their AR15s. They know the rifle well enough to design their own trigger group for it with a pull as light as 3lbs and a break consistent enough to reliably, time after time, ignite hardened military-spec primers for duty use. They produce sub-MOA groups out of a rifle ready for mud and grime and filth. They live up to the demands of training cadres and professional shooters whose paychecks (and often safety) rely on it. They do their jobs well enough that their shotguns were selected for widespread adoption by a federal agency with a long track record of gunfights and shooter response dating back to the era of Askins and beyond. Their pistols are guaranteed to do 1" or better at 25 yards straight out of the box, regardless of which model you order, and these handguns have been ordered ad-hoc by the US Department of Defense for their special operations shooters in elite units like the SEALs and Delta Force -- Larry Vickers himself used Wilson handguns during his time with Delta by choice. Their magazines are generally considered best in class and often specced as the required feed method for service 1911s in law enforcement and military contracts, such as the original MEU(SOC) and DET-1 1911s manufactured by the USMC Precision Weapons Section at Quantico for Force Recon in the 1990s and 2000s. It's safe to say they are experts in their field.

At the end of the day there is a lot more than an extremely high-quality stencil on the side of the gun, even though Wilson ARE bar none, hands down, guaranteed the world's best stencil makers.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oicurpn View Post
    I just came across this thread is there any way to put myself on the list
    Oh, and to clear this up while I'm here -- I think there is one or maybe two rifles left from our build that are still going to be available. The rest are sold. Please contact Gary and I by email to get your hands on one, because these are going to land here in just a few short weeks!

HAHAHA well stated. Now $3000 seems to be a fair price for these firearms. Now that being said I see you also carry Christensen Arms CA-15 firearms which are also in the same price range. How do these two compare? Oh and who has the better stencil?? haha

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Little known fact about Wilson Combat -- they have a side business as the world's finest, most detailed stencil maker!

All kidding aside, top-shelf rifles, like top-shelf pistols, really do offer a level of attention, hand-fitting, and precision that is not found in standard production guns. A production firearm may be reliable and plenty good for the majority of shooters/uses, but there will always be a Good Better Best scale for anything, especially items as complex as machines designed to contain tens of thousands of explosions safely and efficiently and produce a very specialized result a long distance away, repeatably. Wilson Combat has built a name on producing some of the finest firearms the world has ever seen, thanks to the individual attention of a single master gunsmith working on each pistol or rifle one by one. Bill Wilson founded not just a business, but paved the way for an entire industry of highly customized, precision-built firearms, based solely on his own achievements starting over three decades ago with the same formula.

Guns like this have a really fancy logo stenciled on the side, but much like books and people, it's what's inside that counts. These Wilson rifles, in particular, are widely hailed as utterly rock-solid reliable and highly accurate and have been selected by firearms instructors like Paul Howe, whose career in the US special operations community affords him a level of personal experience with rifles in adverse conditions that many of us simply do not have. Paul Howe's current business is the training of shooters from various walks of life and as such he has the unique opportunity to put immense round counts on firearms as part of his day job. Wilson guns are built one-by-one, to order, and none simply get assembled and sold as rack guns. Each is fitted and assembled by a master smith to ensure complete and total certainty of quality. That level of accountability is not seen in production brands. Wilson's employees cut the parts, deburr the parts, finish the parts, assemble the parts, and test the parts. They have been building their own barrels for two decades for the AR15 platform and longer for 1911 barrels and there has yet to be a report I've found of someone unsatisfied with a Wilson barrel's performance.

Wilson Combat's smiths are widely considered some of the best in the world, and this extends to their AR15s. They know the rifle well enough to design their own trigger group for it with a pull as light as 3lbs and a break consistent enough to reliably, time after time, ignite hardened military-spec primers for duty use. They produce sub-MOA groups out of a rifle ready for mud and grime and filth. They live up to the demands of training cadres and professional shooters whose paychecks (and often safety) rely on it. They do their jobs well enough that their shotguns were selected for widespread adoption by a federal agency with a long track record of gunfights and shooter response dating back to the era of Askins and beyond. Their pistols are guaranteed to do 1" or better at 25 yards straight out of the box, regardless of which model you order, and these handguns have been ordered ad-hoc by the US Department of Defense for their special operations shooters in elite units like the SEALs and Delta Force -- Larry Vickers himself used Wilson handguns during his time with Delta by choice. Their magazines are generally considered best in class and often specced as the required feed method for service 1911s in law enforcement and military contracts, such as the original MEU(SOC) and DET-1 1911s manufactured by the USMC Precision Weapons Section at Quantico for Force Recon in the 1990s and 2000s. It's safe to say they are experts in their field.

At the end of the day there is a lot more than an extremely high-quality stencil on the side of the gun, even though Wilson ARE bar none, hands down, guaranteed the world's best stencil makers.

Cheers,
    Daniel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer capp325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerengineer View Post
    $3000 for an AR...I wonder how much extra it costs to have wilson combat stenciled on the receiver?? Im glad I took advantage of the sale put on this weekend. Picked up three NEA AR's in three different lengths for less than $3000 with lifetime warranty and canadian built. To me that makes more sense, but thats just me.
    You can buy 5 SKS's for the price of one NEA AR. I'm sure that makes sense to some people too.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by capp325 View Post
    you can buy 5 sks's for the price of one nea ar. I'm sure that makes sense to some people too.
    life is too short to own a ugly bunch of guns !

Expried Business Member
    Just got confirmation that the last of these has completed build, testing, and final check and they have been submitted to the shipping queue. We expect these to leave shortly from Wilson and arrive shortly after that! All of our existing order holders have been accounted for and will be contacted as soon as these firearms clear Customs land here in Canada to complete the order and confirm the transfer.

IF YOU MISSED the initial pre-sale close date, I have some good news: we have one of each model remaining as of this morning -- if you want to secure one of these, please email me and I will work with you to arrange it. There is only one of each rifle available at this time and we expect these to land at the last few days of this month; as we are all well aware at this point, Wilson has extremely long waits and we do not currently have a firm ETA for when our next receiver availability for Wilson rifles will be (or which models US State Dept will approve for export at that time). If you've been holding out, now is probably the time!

Cheers,
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by tim3500 View Post
    life is too short to own a ugly bunch of guns !
    Hey, watch it, I think my SKS is like a pretty Russian princess. I think I'll start calling her Olga. Yeah she's a princess that's kind of let herself go and flings spent casings in every direction imaginable, but a man can dream.
    Last edited by FeistyLemur; 06-19-2014 at 04:26 PM.

well any news when they might hit canada

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast