Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by multicam333 View Post
    Generally speaking, carrying with a holster is prohibited on any range/club in Canada. I say generally because there are some exceptions, such as for law enforcement people, as well as people in the security field of work (read: licensed). Other exception that I know is also during IPSC tournaments, where it's actually required to have a holster.

Every firearm has to be left on the table when not firing (with barrel pointing down range of course). If it's not in your hands while shooting, it's laying on the table. Only other possibility is: in it's carrying case...!
    Wrong....all of it.
    See above posts for accurate information.
    Last edited by Wolf@TS; 03-31-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Some days ya just gotta give your head a shake and wonder WHERE all this expert advice comes from!!!!!!!!!

UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!
    Every club has a core set of RULES then there are the club regulations............................. inform yourself of these rules/club regs. by consulting a senior member/club exc. of these ,where you shoot so YOU know what they are. All the clubs I shoot at have them in printed form for the asking. I do most of my shooting at 2 clubs on the island handgun and rifle. Both have different regs as to holsters . Remember this is the INTERNET!!!!!! Be safe.
    Remember the SALMON ARM SALUTE at least P.E.T. was not a cry-baby like his kid.

CGN frequent flyer
    During our range orientation the use of holsters is covered. Cross draw holsters are permitted, however anyone using them must do the dance, turn so their holster is on their down range side, draw from the holster so the muzzle does not sweep the firing line, turn back so you can shoot down range. Reverse procedure for holstering. The cross draw holsters are mainly permitted for the cowboy action shooters since the range has a whole section dedicated to cowboy action.

The club doesn't host sanctioned IDPA or IPSC matches but it does host club level action pistol and three gun matches. Cross draw holsters are not permitted during these matches.

Oops
    EOSC.ca

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Depends on the shooting discipline, and on the club.
    IMHO, a holster is the safest, most secure place for a handgun while on the range.
    Absolutely RIGHT ON! That's what holsters are MADE FOR! Just one caution however: to new handgunners: take the time and spend the $$$ to take a holster course EVEN if you don't intend to get into competitive hangun shooting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by multicam333 View Post
    Generally speaking, carrying with a holster is prohibited on any range/club in Canada. I say generally because there are some exceptions, such as for law enforcement people, as well as people in the security field of work (read: licensed). Other exception that I know is also during IPSC tournaments, where it's actually required to have a holster.

Every firearm has to be left on the table when not firing (with barrel pointing down range of course). If it's not in your hands while shooting, it's laying on the table. Only other possibility is: in it's carrying case...!
    (Persons with a black badge certificate are allowed to carry a holstered pistol on a gun range as long as its unloaded and the range is in support of holsters. East Elgin club in Ontario allows this and even offers the course.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12