Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration certificate?

Registration certificate?

Purchased first restricted a couple of months ago and second one last week. While I patiently await my LTATT
    I realized I need to carry registration certificate with my restricteds.

First gun came from Epps and had a piece of paper from the CFO that appears to be a Transfer Notification.

It states that my 'application to register the firearm has been processed', then states 'Your new registration certificate will be sent to you in a separate envelope'.

It has the registration certificate number at the bottom of the page along with firearm ID number make/model/serial.

I am guessing that this is not what I need to carry with the gun?

If not looks like CFO/Canada Post have misplaced my certificate....

That is correct. You must get the Yellow piece of paper they send you in the mail before you are allowed to take it out to the Range etc... I called about mine awhile ago and they told me this on the phone and says this on my LTATT as well. They also said they only print them on Thursdays. If there is a large volume and the clock turns 4:30 and yours didn't print, you are waiting till next Thursday before yours prints, then however long to get it in the mail to your door.
    Bow to No Man!

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmr View Post
    Purchased first restricted a couple of months ago and second one last week. While I patiently await my LTATT
    I realized I need to carry registration certificate with my restricteds.

First gun came from Epps and had a piece of paper from the CFO that appears to be a Transfer Notification.

It states that my 'application to register the firearm has been processed', then states 'Your new registration certificate will be sent to you in a separate envelope'.

It has the registration certificate number at the bottom of the page along with firearm ID number make/model/serial.

I am guessing that this is not what I need to carry with the gun?

If not looks like CFO/Canada Post have misplaced my certificate....
    Call CFO Monday ask them politely and they are usually able to send you an electronic version of the certificate by email.

Why don't they send the registration with the transfer notice ? Since the registration number is on the transfer, would it be a big deal to add the registration certificate to the transfer notice ? Probably save them (us) a ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster20 View Post
    Why don't they send the registration with the transfer notice ? Since the registration number is on the transfer, would it be a big deal to add the registration certificate to the transfer notice ? Probably save them (us) a ton of money.
    because "that's the way it's always been done!"

The CFOs work in mysterious ways...
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)

Thanks for replies.
    That's what I figured....been 2+ months so I assume certificate got lost in mail or _______ (fill in the blank).

I need to call Monday to check on transfer status of an EE purchase anyway so I will ask about an e-copy of the certificate. Hopefully they can give me an update on my LTATT as well.

I called for one of mine to see if they could email it and was told they could only send it by mail. Oddly, I've got my certs for new pistols, but not for my AR15s. Do they not like issuing those?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K-C View Post
    because "that's the way it's always been done!"

The CFOs work in mysterious ways...
    Yup... That would be a sensible, efficient and functional way to do things. And that's just plain not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy111 View Post
    That is correct. You must get the Yellow piece of paper they send you in the mail before you are allowed to take it out to the Range etc... I called about mine awhile ago and they told me this on the phone and says this on my LTATT as well. They also said they only print them on Thursdays. If there is a large volume and the clock turns 4:30 and yours didn't print, you are waiting till next Thursday before yours prints, then however long to get it in the mail to your door.
    Just wanted to mention - my recently received registration cert is not yellow. It is standard white paper.

It did come in the mail with a green cover sheet (I suppose to prevent being able to read it through the envelope).

Are they supposed to be yellow? Do I need a new one? j/k
    Pretty sure its good and legit just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    Just wanted to mention - my recently received registration cert is not yellow. It is standard white paper.

It did come in the mail with a green cover sheet (I suppose to prevent being able to read it through the envelope).

Are they supposed to be yellow? Do I need a new one? j/k
    Pretty sure its good and legit just the way it is.
    Everyone I shoot with all just carry photo copys of the reg. cert. and ATT, so all are white. LOL. I have copies up the wazoo, in my range bag, all pistol cases, rifle cases, and in my purse. I'm never caught without them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast