http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops666 View Post
    A BC location.
    ^^^^^^^ +1

The lounge would be a good idea.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer alter3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    It will be a good size...maybe visible from space, lol!
    Excellent. Now the space bears will be able to target you more accurately, and you can give us some field reports of which calibre is best for space bear defense.

I'm not looking at a range at this time but possibly an indoor one in the future.
    I'll probably put in an archery test range.
    ...(snip)...
    One large issue I'd like to address, and I'm not sure if I can, is occupying peoples spouses that don't shoot. Many people come in with their partner/spouse/significant other and they get bored quickly....probably the same way I feel when my wife takes me shoe shopping.
    Instead of just trying to keep them "occupied", use your archery (and possible future gun) range to use in engaging them. Have one (preferably female) staff member keep an eye out for "bored spouses" and try to get them to give archery a shot (for free, of course -- keep a couple of low-poundage bows available). It'll cost staff time, but at worst you'll have someone leave a little more informed, and at best you'll have inducted a new member into the "shooting stuff is fun" club.
    I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
    ― Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

One large issue I'd like to address, and I'm not sure if I can, is occupying peoples spouses that don't shoot. Many people come in with their partner/spouse/significant other and they get bored quickly....probably the same way I feel when my wife takes me shoe shopping.

There is always the lounge idea but I'm not sure that is the answer.
    A single serve coffee machine with a seating area not just designed for "ladies". Have an assortment of magazines: shooting/hunting and non shooting. Spouses might feel better if it's inclusive and not like "The ball room at Ikea". OH, my wife just added WiFi. Good idea.

What'll the rough area be? I'm wondering if I'd make the drive from Brampton.
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We're building a new store this year as many of you know. What kind of things would you like to see?

Ryan
    I just wrote a big rant about how the website has out-of-stock product all over the place before realizing you were asking for suggestions on a brick-and-mortar store

1911 parts , brownell is our only option!

more in stock not out of stock, any in stock works!

CGN Regular
    Looking forward to the new store. Some suggestions:
    - Room to move/browse without feeling like you've entered an episode of hoarders.
    - Display the current/popular firearm/shooting accessories that people are looking for i.e. SKS, 10/22, cleaning products etc rather than leaving out stuff that isn't moving.
    - Guns parts for popular milsurps ie. sks sears/hammers, triggers etc for us ham fisted wannabe gunsmiths.
    - Aftermarket triggers/components and barrels.
    - Display as many firearms as is reasonably possible. Some times I don't know that I want something until I see it!
    - Don't have the sound of running water trickling away making me regret that XL double double Timmies I had on the drive down.

Please continue to have the same small store nice people to deal with service

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast