Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Store

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    This is exactly why we are building a new store. I don't think we can do anything about the running water, it's the bait tanks in the back and the minnows like staying alive.

The new store will be 7200 sqft

Ryan
    Fill it with in stock items, for those of us who only shop on your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    One large issue I'd like to address, and I'm not sure if I can, is occupying peoples spouses that don't shoot. Many people come in with their partner/spouse/significant other and they get bored quickly....probably the same way I feel when my wife takes me shoe shopping.

There is always the lounge idea but I'm not sure that is the answer.
    Maybe think outside of the box. What if you made a store next door that WAS for Women, ie. a facial/pedicure/spa, bla bla bla... a la South Frontenac Facial and Pedicure(SFFP) and it just happens to be right next to SFRC!!! Your store SFRC would be the Men's lounge for the girly store next door!!!!! It would be the best men's lounge in the world! Even guys that don't shoot would check it out and get a little excited I bet!

Can you imagine this scenario, "Honey I'm going to get my facial now, you don't want to come do you?" Sure would my darling! The men's lounge is right next door!!!

Win, win for everyone. Now you just have to figure out what the girls store should be and your good to go!!!

Ian

My wife says that she likes the idea of the archery range and FEMALE clerks help a lot. She likes the idea of a female clerk coming over and "saving her" from her husband while he's browsing and taking her to do something fun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Where off the 401 are you moving to ?
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Add a kitchen. They can make sandwiches!
    Brilliant !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Leave the wives at home if they are gonna poo poo your shopping. Not up to SFRC to amuse them.

My wife has no pity on me when we go shopping for her stuff.

Treat any woman who does come in with courtesy and respect. Ask them if they can be helped aswell. Don't ignore them.

My own humblest of opinions........
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    Ryan

I've been to your current store several times - it's great - while the new store should definitely be bigger (to accommodate lots and lots of cool firearms for sale at amazing prices!), there's a certain atmosphere that just shouldn't be lost - for example the boxes of ammo and new stock, etc. piled high everywhere. The place was bustling last Saturday, so the new store needs wider aisles - but no, I'm not suggesting that they be wide enough for shopping carts (well, maybe on second thought...). Your crew is great!

Regards,
    Peter

having your stock filled is most important, why spend $ on a store when you got nothing to sell?????? obviously your spending your money on the wrong expansion if your building a store with no inventory? Maybe you have to hire a professional advise to help you expand properly. Many posters have suggested that in the thread before and that is some solid advice, I stopped checking your site cuz its always out of stock, first thing I saw the Hatsan MPA TS I bought it.... Inventory is more important then store front.
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

We have lots of inventory, certain things just aren't available or are constantly back ordered.

Take 22LR ammo for instance, we have over 10 million rounds on back order and no one knows when it will arrive. Powder is the same. Alliant isn't taking new orders until 2015 and the list goes on and on. There are huge shortages out there and frankly some things are getting harder and harder to get.

We take everything that the distributors will let us take in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by trekstor View Post
    having your stock filled is most important, why spend $ on a store when you got nothing to sell?????? obviously your spending your money on the wrong expansion if your building a store with no inventory? Maybe you have to hire a professional advise to help you expand properly. Many posters have suggested that in the thread before and that is some solid advice, I stopped checking your site cuz its always out of stock, first thing I saw the Hatsan MPA TS I bought it.... Inventory is more important then store front.

I'm not posting this to ask about stock levels etc. I'm asking about new things you'd like to see in a new store...archery, tackle, any other cool ideas. Many people have given us some good ideas, are there any others?

Ryan

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast