Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue about my PAL Application

Issue about my PAL Application

at Friday, I was wondering why I still heard nothing about my PAL that I have my brother drop in at CFO Office(680 Ellice Avenue Office) in mid-January(fourth Wednesday) And, they told my brother that they will sent it to HQ.

So, I have my brother call CFO for me, and he said that for some reason CFO never receive my application.

My brother will go to their office at Monday to find out what the hell going at there. But I wonder what I could do to make sure it won't happen again?

And, will I need to wait 28 days again or my application in Jan still count toward mandatory waiting period?

If they have no proof of it, they will start the 28 days from when they receive it.

In order to prevent this from happening again, have it shipped with a tracking number/signature.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Your best bet is to mail it registered and you can keep track of it as it makes it way to the RCMP until received.

when you said mail it registered, exxactly what you mean?

sent it through Canada Post and ask for tracking number?

Because my brother did sent his application through CFO Office before and got his PAL while ago.

Exactly, send through Canada Post. It will cost some $ for it though... generally $10-20 depending on how fast you want it there. But it comes with the tracking number/signature and it gets there quicker than regular post.

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    Exactly, send through Canada Post. It will cost some $ for it though... generally $10-20 depending on how fast you want it there. But it comes with the tracking number/signature and it gets there quicker than regular post.
    I guess it depend what happen with CFO local Office

right now, they have my application plus course paperwork, but where is it right now is unknown.

but if Local CFO office have, then I probably take it out and sent it through Canada Post.

however if Local CFO did sent it but for some reason HQ don't have it, then I will figure it out to see why HQ don't have it

Back from CFO Office Today

problem is much worst than I expect

They lost my application letter, and to make it worst. They have no record of me complete firearm course for PAL.

My only copy was in letter, and they said they also check it when I give them name of my instructor and date that I took class, which they said have no record at all.

first thing in tomorrow morning is contact my instructor for other copy, and verify why there is no record that I complete course.

at this point, I guess I have to reapply and wait 28 days again. However, it all depend to see why hell CFO don't have record from instructor.

Always keep copies of important documents, never send originals, don't trust the government to not lose your stuff
    Get someone you know to buy a restricted firearm

BANNED
    Yep, stuff sent to the government = registered mail. You have a confirmation of when they received it etc.
    It does happen but registered mail is rarely lost

Sent mine in registered mail 02/27/2014 26 days later it was online as being processed called in a couple of times after that and had a reply last Friday "call back in a week and they should be able to do your interview over the phone" couldn't wait the week called today, did the interview and was told my references could call in with app # references called in this afternoon and just checked online status totally new log in screen. "application has been processed and licence has been issued" 33 days in total and it says I should have the licence in possession within 2 weeks.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast