Thread: Looking for step to step info on how to import a gun from the USA to Canada

CGN Regular

Looking for step to step info on how to import a gun from the USA to Canada

I figured this would be the best place to ask the question. Tried the search but couldn't find anything on this topic. So far, I know that if you buy a gun on line you need to be able to send it to a FFL gun dealer but other than that I'm not sure of the process of what needs to be done with customs, whether or not you need to pay duty, which taxes need to paid at the border, etc.

I've done the Importing the Vehichle across the border thing a couple of times which hasn't been a problem, just a simple step by step process that takes a small amount of time but firearms is a different story I'm sure.

Anybody on here have any experience with the step to step process? Any intel would be greatly appreciated!

The "I Run Guns" website might make the process easier than doing it all by yourself.

http://www.irunguns.ca/import-process.php

Quote Originally Posted by ModerateSniper View Post
    The "I Run Guns" website might make the process easier than doing it all by yourself.

http://www.irunguns.ca/import-process.php
    this. and welcome to CGN.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

BANNED
    Hi. There's a sticky on the Legalese forum. Likely far easier but more expensive to go to Irguns or one of the others.

I was just on their website but i dont understand what price you the buyer pays.. they offer two prices one labeled price, the other retailer.. anyone mind helping a noob?