Thread: PAL Question re: CFSC documentation

PAL Question re: CFSC documentation

Good morning everyone. I was wondering if any of you could provide some insight for someone who has completed both the Canadian Firearms Safety Course exam and the Ontario Hunter Education Course exam, but was only old enough to get an Apprentice hunters license at the time. Forgive me if there is a separate thread that answers my questions, and please direct me to it.

I am applying for my PAL and in section G, it asks for proof of completion of the CFSC. Until recently my parents managed my documents and records, but I figured that was my responsibility now and had them send all my personal paperwork to me. The things that I have that may serve as proof are:

-outdoors card
    -record of a temporary hunting/fishing outdoors card
    -the paper that came with my Hunter Apprenticeship Safety Card
    -the paper that came with my Outdoors card

Are any of these suitable proof of my completion of the CFSC or is there another document floating around in my parents filing cabinet that I should ask them to find?

Bonus question: I applied online for a new outdoors card in January as my old one was about to expire and I have yet to receive it. Is this normal or should I be worried? Will I have to wait the same amount of time for my PAL? I am hoping to begin my firearm collection this summer as I will be up north for work and I am in an urban area for university for most of the year.

Thank you for your kind insight.

-MSF

BANNED
    You really need proof of passing the PAL course test. The hunting stuff doesn't really apply, except that you need a safety course to get the Outdoors Card. I'd give the CFC a call and ask if it's enough. Kind of suspect it won't be though. Ask mom if it's in with the hunting licence stuff. The CFC people aren't out to give you grief, but getting through on the phone can take a while.
    The Outdoors Card Tax is peculiar to Ontario. It says 2 to 3 weeks, on the MNR's site(FAQ about needing a replacement), and to call if you haven't received in that time. 0830 to 500 Mon to Fri. 1-800-387-7011.
    I've asked 'em a couple of questions via e-mail and got a prompt reply. Pretty decent bunch to deal with too.

Did you have a Minor's License ? That would be considered proof .

BANNED
    Quote Sunray "You really need proof of passing the PAL course test."

That's all they really want to start the procedures to send you your PAL, (and of course signatures from your references) in fact you need to send it with your application.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I have my minors license but a copy of the safety certification is something I'd like to have down the line anyway, so I'll be calling tomorrow to start figuring out how to get a new one.

Cheers,

-MSF