Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how are Minox scopes?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I should also ad that aldo the turrets do work they are in not positive and tactics as a high-end scope, they feel about the same as my burris 31 and a vortex diamond back and my burris mtac 1-4 feel alot better.

On a side note they are light but that might be at a price as I bent the tube on one tightening the scope ring.

CGN Regular
    Minox has been independent of Leica for a long time.

They have a very high-end Tactical scope coming out developed by Optronika (Premeir Heritage, S&B 5-25) that Minox now owns.

I have a Minox ZA5 6-30X56.

I like it for the price but I find it lacks a little in parralax adjustment. I find I usually turn the adjustment knob till it stops when shooting 200 yards plus and the picture will be resonably focused. Also its is dificult to get a good sight picture with the scope on 30X. I will usually shoot at 24X max in order to have a clear sight picture and target.

I think I would try a sightron next. A little more money but iv heard only good things about sightron.

I bought one which was broken before I pulled it out of the box. Cabelas let me exchange it for a Leupold..
    2 Timothy 2:23
    Stay away from stupid and senseless arguments. These only lead to trouble,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fugawi's Avatar
    While I can't speak to the quality of Minox riflescopes, I can offer this re Minox binos and spotting scopes...

One thing I noticed about Minox binos at Cabela's are that the boxes says Made in the PRC. My Minox binos are Made In Germany. I wonder how the quality compares? The Cabela's Minox binos cost a lot less than my German ones. The optics and build quality of my German binos are excellent!

I also own a Minox spotting scope that I bought from a site sponsor. My first one had a problem with the eyepiece. I sent it back to the sponsor who sent it along to Minox USA and they replaced mine with a brand new spotting scope. No questions asked.

Top notch customer service imho. No problems with my replacement scope.
    Last edited by fugawi; 08-13-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person writing under the pseudonym "fugawi" Any use or reproduction of such posts, in whole or in part, outside "www.canadiangunnutz.com" requires the express written consent of the author.

I know nothing about the minox but the viper is an excellent piece. Tracks perfectly, very clear(so impressive at Max zoom), best glass I ever bought. I haven't had an issue so I can't tell you about their customer service either lol but I suppose that is a good thing, no?
    Old gun, new shooter, bad combo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a Minox ZA5HD 1.2-6x24 on my XCR and love it. Very clear glass, the turrets are a bit mushy and the clicks not so positive but they do track well. I would buy another one without hesitation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of the Minox scopes they have great glass, but I think it falls off on the aluminum tubes there thin wall construction. I have seen a few with crushed tubes, So fallow the install specs for mounting rings.

I really do enjoy their Binos they are a bit heavy but the clarity at night is very good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    I should also ad that aldo the turrets do work they are in not positive and tactics as a high-end scope, they feel about the same as my burris 31 and a vortex diamond back and my burris mtac 1-4 feel alot better.

On a side note they are light but that might be at a price as I bent the tube on one tightening the scope ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocolt View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Minox scopes they have great glass, but I think it falls off on the aluminum tubes there thin wall construction. I have seen a few with crushed tubes, So fallow the install specs for mounting rings.

I really do enjoy their Binos they are a bit heavy but the clarity at night is very good.
    How are you guys crushing and bending tubes with the 15 in lbs of torque required to secure rings? That's user error, not a manufacturing deficiency.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Well I think it's safe to say I am not in minority that just tightens the scope with the small allen key, yes I should and will buy a tork wrinch but I have never bent any other tube on a scope before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12