Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ontario Ranges (GTA east specifically)

in Toronto a few years back could only find Target Sports north of the city a little bit where they accepted new people, and got a membership in Barrie as well, I spent years trying to join Sharon gun club and buy multiple shares but in the end I backed out because there were a few arrogant self entitled old farts that I knew would cause issues with my personality. Don't get me wrong Sharon is a nice range and a lot of awesome people, I really wanted to join, but there were a few old members who thought they were god. Maybe its different now.

(the old guys who can shoot from their hoods of trucks on the range, or put their pistols in their holsters loaded not on the line ready to fire and walk around , and when asked about it they would just pull the i've been a member forever here! Who are you?)

I always yell cease fire or point it out right to them when I see it and they would just start a fight over it every time. Those guys Don't hate me It was so Unsafe I just decided to back out in the end, not cause of the activity It happens occasionally at every range, It was their attitude about it and refusal to stop when confronted that did it for me.
    Last edited by Rasp76; 04-12-2014 at 12:54 PM.

CGN Regular
    I don't know, I had the opposite experience. For me I found target sports to be the worst range I've ever been to. I was a member at Sharon for 5 years and never had any issues or any problems with other members. out of curiosity what is it about a holstered handgun that you find to be unsafe? also in all the years I was a member there I never saw anyone shoot of the hood of their truck.
    Last edited by merc; 04-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.

the best Advice I can give anyone is Show up in person or call and speak to someone, they all recieve many emails daily asking the same question.
    Go speak to a Human being.

Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    I don't know, I had the opposite experience. For me I found target sports to be the worst range I've ever been to. I was a member at Sharon for 5 years and never had any issues or any problems with other members. out of curiosity what is it about a holstered handgun that you find to be unsafe? also in all the years I was a member there I never saw anyone shoot of the hood of their truck.
    I'm curious merc, what did you find wrong with Target Sports???
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasp76 View Post
    in Toronto a few years back could only find Target Sports north of the city a little bit where they accepted new people, and got a membership in Barrie as well, I spent years trying to join Sharon gun club and buy multiple shares but in the end I backed out because there were a few arrogant self entitled old farts that I knew would cause issues with my personality. Don't get me wrong Sharon is a nice range and a lot of awesome people, I really wanted to join, but there were a few old members who thought they were god. Maybe its different now.

(the old guys who can shoot from their hoods of trucks on the range, or put their pistols in their holsters loaded not on the line ready to fire and walk around , and when asked about it they would just pull the i've been a member forever here! Who are you?)

I always yell cease fire or point it out right to them when I see it and they would just start a fight over it every time. Those guys Don't hate me It was so Unsafe I just decided to back out in the end, not cause of the activity It happens occasionally at every range, It was their attitude about it and refusal to stop when confronted that did it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    Ditto.

I've never witnessed the type of stuff Rasp76 is talking about. Sounds like bovine excrement to me. 270 posts in 14 days....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123