Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Love Everything About P&D Enterprises But Their Website

Having dealt with P & D just this past week over the phone I have to say that I wish more businesses operated this way. They seem to be about customer service first and foremost and they have a website which is kept up to date with firearms listed in stock. As much as I like most these days, enjoy instant gratification, I would rather wait to talk to someone on the phone in the morning to place my order rather than make a decision at 2am after just finding something I never knew I needed and cannot live another day without. That being said, good well-designed websites are key these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    I like that they actually update, unlike the pi$$poor excuses for websites the two Calgary site sponsors have.

I do wish P&D would do EMT tho..
    EMT would be awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    Boy do you have that backwards as Dianne is the clear boss and driving force of our business and I want to take more time off work. Thanx for the feedback on our store and website. I have been away most of the past month as we just moved to a new house and there was much to do on my part. We are a traditional gun store with the vast majority of our sales going hand to hand and a much smaller number going out mail order. A new website is in the plans for this year but so much of our resources have been spent finding and buying inventory (thats why we have so much in stock while others are out) that we have had little time to develop a better site. Edmonton is a very competitve retail environment with lots of box stores, ranges and smaller retail gun stores however the greater Edmonton are is over 1 million people. We currently employ 24 staff on top of the four owners who are in the store most days. In the future we may have to change our model to a fullfilment house based on a strong website and reduce or eliminate our store front to keep competitive. So far however our current model is working well as sales our up every month. Sales will dictate when and where our business will go. Phil.
    Phil,
    Thanks for the feedback. Based on your customer service model I can see growing in store face to face sales as well as online sales with the sky being the limit there. In store customer service is essentially for Edmontonians and Albertans in Edmonton on occasion. Online could be worldwide and is unlimited except where laws regarding international sales of firearms is concerned.
    I am so glad to hear you are looking at improving the internet sales aspect of your business I think it will only improve your business and bottom line.
    I have only ever seen Dianne and yourself in the store we have never had the opportunity to talk face to face so I only know you peripherally, I was not really sure whom wore the pants in your household.
    That being said I am only the boss in my house because I am single, unless you count my cat and dog then I realize I am just their slave human doing their bidding and bringing the kibbles home!
    I know a wonderful University Educated Webmaster if you need his name just PM me, he is an awsome young man who did my website when I ran retail, he can do it all for you and update it as you go along.

Thanks for the note Phil,

Scott

Phil & Dianne,

We all know your dog is really the boss!
    Last edited by Fretman; 04-13-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
    Having dealt with P & D just this past week over the phone I have to say that I wish more businesses operated this way. They seem to be about customer service first and foremost and they have a website which is kept up to date with firearms listed in stock. As much as I like most these days, enjoy instant gratification, I would rather wait to talk to someone on the phone in the morning to place my order rather than make a decision at 2am after just finding something I never knew I needed and cannot live another day without. That being said, good well-designed websites are key these days.
    So how do you check your impulses in the middle of the day to keep you from picking up the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    not having a modern website with built in ecommerce capabilties is costing them business. thats a fact. it is an investment retail businesses have tomake.
    I keep hearing they have really good selection and a great store with good people there...but living in Ontario their website is difficult to navigate and lack of "ease of use" and product categories ..makes it a negative experience...
    if they are a good shop...I like to spread business around, but I will not call up on the phone and ask for an inventory rundown on things I might want .
    Loosing business for sure
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

That is very true, Gunner (little white dog) is the real boss around there

The website may be a little lacking but they do have super fast email response times from my experience when I have not been able to phone.

Their website is awesome. Takes a minute or two at most to get a good idea of every firearm they have in stock.

You don't need to spend 20 mins browsing it. Good for busy people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    all valid points in this thread and if one was to look at some of the other successful retailers on here you could see where an online presence would be helpful...however if it's not going to happen soon how about opening later than 5PM?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast