Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

Mine is in the 1500's and I haven't seen this gouge. I've tried. I can't see it if there is one.

For all those concerned, the thing shoots as good as your eyes will allow you through those iron sights... which is my only complaint while I await the YMA-95 scope to arrive at my door. My range buddy has the FTU on his, which is in the 1400's and it solves the sights / scope issue as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Mine has the barrel gouge. I will send it in for a trade Jon, that way you cant say you haven't seen one yet.

I will trade straight across for a new un-gouged one or up and pay the difference in value if there is any for the new updated model.

I must say I am quite disappointed that you haven't stepped up and formaly addressed this issue yet. You acknoledged it intially, but that was it. No follow up, not even a murmur untill now about it.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by relic38 View Post
    Hehe, Left-handed in China. Not so much:
    ht tp://news.discovery.com/human/life/why-are-there-few-left-handers-in-china-130517.htm

I had a Chinese co-worker that were 'converted' to right-handed. He asked me why I wasn't forced to use my right hand when i was young; he was surprised it wasn't common to do that here.
    Well my older brother was a south paw, until he went to school, his teacher beat his left hand with a ruler so he could only use his right hand. That was 60-70's. I went to school in the 70's and was able to keep my south paw. BTW my brother is efficient using left or right hand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Keep hearing about his barrel gouge issue. So where does one look to verify the gougeness of our T97?

More importantly what are the practical impact? Let's face it, this thing is ugly so aesthetics isn't important.

And straight, even the straight-challenged ones
    Quote Originally Posted by PoFF View Post
    In the PLA, every soldier is right-handed, even left handed ones! ;-)
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Barrel gouge inspection was part of the final QC process. Non of these rifle's have one. That being said, I still haven't seen one from the last batch.

No changes to how the rifle is configured at this point. Stay tuned however, we will be annoucing in a few weeks a new configuration for the 97NSR.
    This is interesting, I wonder if there will be any of the magical unicorn improvements the other vendor promised. Im pumped to hear something instead of no updates until they are in the warehouse.

Yup same here, and wondering if there are any deals with t97.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by nickvaselino View Post
    This is interesting, I wonder if there will be any of the magical unicorn improvements the other vendor promised. Im pumped to hear something instead of no updates until they are in the warehouse.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Yup same here, and wondering if there are any deals with t97.ca
    That would be fantastic. I thought there was talk of a partnership to ramp up production. I'd be on that like stink on poo.

Only difference will be price by the sounds of things....$1199 retail from prior threads on these.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Keep hearing about his barrel gouge issue. So where does one look to verify the gougeness of our T97?

More importantly what are the practical impact? Let's face it, this thing is ugly so aesthetics isn't important.

And straight, even the straight-challenged ones
    Take the rifle down and pull out the gas regulator. Look down the gas bleed hole and you will probably at least see a little scratch. You will need to have a bright light either in the barrel or above you... Even then it's tough to see down there. All the ones I have seen have a slight mark at least but never seen a full on gouge except for the pics on here.

Quote Originally Posted by PoFF View Post
    In the PLA, every soldier is right-handed, even left handed ones! ;-)
    Why the wink? It's true. If you are left handed, you WILL learn to shoot right handed. Compliance is mandatory in the PLA.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast