Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dakaroo View Post
    Well my older brother was a south paw, until he went to school, his teacher beat his left hand with a ruler so he could only use his right hand. That was 60-70's. I went to school in the 70's and was able to keep my south paw. BTW my brother is efficient using left or right hand.
    did he also become proficient in dodging that ruler?

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Barrel gouge inspection was part of the final QC process. Non of these rifle's have one. That being said, I still haven't seen one from the last batch.

No changes to how the rifle is configured at this point. Stay tuned however, we will be annoucing in a few weeks a new configuration for the 97NSR.
    We really need an improvement to the T97. After working with some modifications, I find that the T97NSR was never really designed to work well with 5.56/.223 or the AR magazine. There is a huge gap while the bolt is pushing the round into the chamber. Unlike an AR15 where the tip of the front of the round actually goes into the chamber BEFORE the tail leaves the magazine lips, the T97 actually have a gap where the round is unguided and can freely jump into the side of the chamber, causing a major malfunction(unless you use the factory magazine, which the lips are actually longer than any standard milspec AR Mags.)

From my limited knowledge, I think this has something to do with:
    1. Length of the bolt lugs, which also dictates the length of the longer space between the barrel extension. So the travel length is now longer, hence the round is unguided at some point, and the round can jump up at a fashion subjected to the magazine's spring force or geometry of the lips.
    2. The diameter of the bolt, which requires the round to move up at a steeper angle. AR bolts are actually smaller in diameter so the magazine is higher, so the feeding doesnt require the round to move at too steep of an angle

I don't know if this observation is correct, but if it is, then it would require major changes in the design. I may also like to see the magazine release corrected too. I don't mind the lack of external bolt hold open, one can easily use a finger to push up on the bolt hold open in the mag well.

I still really like the idea of a sub $1000 bullpup that takes AR magazine(Pmags too), but it has to, I mean HAS TO be reasonably reliable to make it a dependable rifle. Please make it happen!
    Last edited by t_102; 04-03-2014 at 08:07 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I'm interested in their Shorty version with long fake can covered barrel.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    I just want a bayonet mount...

Bayonet mount... one of the sponsors on here sells one. Starts with Cxxxxx Axxx

Edit: Not a sponsor but you'll find them under the gear retailers section.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by doczong View Post
    Bayonet mount... one of the sponsors on here sells one. Starts with Cxxxxx Axxx

Edit: Not a sponsor but you'll find them under the gear retailers section.
    ETA: Fall 2013 [sic]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    ETA: Fall 2013 [sic]
    corwin arms ffs

Don't think its bad naming it here... They sell complementary items to this product.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    corwin arms ffs

Don't think its bad naming it here... They sell complementary items to this product.
    Ah ok. It's a clamp on mount, not an integral mount. I'm still looking for an integral mount model, just like the ones being used by South East Asian special forces~

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Do you own one?

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    We really need an improvement to the T97. After working with some modifications, I find that the T97NSR was never really designed to work well with 5.56/.223 or the AR magazine. There is a huge gap while the bolt is pushing the round into the chamber. Unlike an AR15 where the tip of the front of the round actually goes into the chamber BEFORE the tail leaves the magazine lips, the T97 actually have a gap where the round is unguided and can freely jump into the side of the chamber, causing a major malfunction(unless you use the factory magazine, which the lips are actually longer than any standard milspec AR Mags.)

From my limited knowledge, I think this has something to do with:
    1. Length of the bolt lugs, which also dictates the length of the longer space between the barrel extension. So the travel length is now longer, hence the round is unguided at some point, and the round can jump up at a fashion subjected to the magazine's spring force or geometry of the lips.
    2. The diameter of the bolt, which requires the round to move up at a steeper angle. AR bolts are actually smaller in diameter so the magazine is higher, so the feeding doesnt require the round to move at too steep of an angle

I don't know if this observation is correct, but if it is, then it would require major changes in the design. I may also like to see the magazine release corrected too. I don't mind the lack of external bolt hold open, one can easily use a finger to push up on the bolt hold open in the mag well.

I still really like the idea of a sub $1000 bullpup that takes AR magazine(Pmags too), but it has to, I mean HAS TO be reasonably reliable to make it a dependable rifle. Please make it happen!

New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Do you own one?
    Yeah

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...?highlight=T97

I even analyzed round feeding under slow motion camera videos. I really wanted it to work.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast