Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doczong View Post
    Bayonet mount... one of the sponsors on here sells one. Starts with Cxxxxx Axxx

Edit: Not a sponsor but you'll find them under the gear retailers section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    ETA: Fall 2013 [sic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    corwin arms ffs
    lulz!

Totally just made my morning!
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Yeah

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...?highlight=T97

I even analyzed round feeding under slow motion camera videos. I really wanted it to work.
    Obviously you have put a lot of thought into this. I need to ask, is the problem with the design an actual problem or a perceived problem. In otherwords, theoretically the uncontrolled chambering of the round could lead to stoppages, but does it? The possiblity of feeding problems is one thing, but have we seen reports of wide-scale failures to operate the firearm?

Currently, other than general ergonomic whinging, the only real issues I have heard about is the magazine well being too tight for non-gi mags, and the feed ramp.
    Last edited by Moose308; 04-05-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Was there ever any follow-up/compensation/replacement up for us beta testers that suffered the gouge? Here's a pic of my gouge, additionally it caused a hairline crack in the rifling that rides up the land for about a third of an inch towards the muzzle.

I've only put 5 rounds through the rifle.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
    Obviously you have put a lot of thought into this. I need to ask, is the problem with the design an actual problem or a perceived problem. In otherwords, theoretically the uncontrolled chambering of the round could lead to stoppages, but does it? The possiblity of feeding problems is one thing, but have we seen reports of wide-scale failures to operate the firearm?

Currently, other than general ergonomic whinging, the only real issues I have heard about is the magazine well being too tight for non-gi mags, and the feed ramp.
    I had one from the first batch for a very short time and shot around a 100 rounds thru it, and the feeding problem was present. the ammo would not feed properly into the chamber and would cause the gun to jam. the projectile recessed into the casing of the ammo. this appened 3 times in 100 rounds I think. the rest of the time. the feeding was not always smooth, but was still feeding.
    I was using LAR 10 rounds mags though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Why not use factory mags?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Why not use factory mags?
    There's only 1 per rifle. Even my Glock comes with 2.

Grey LAR-15 10 round mags, I have five, four of the five had feed issues, once - the first time I used them. I worked the springs on them pretty hard after by cycling them with a piece of dowel and now they haven't fed wrong yet couple hundred rounds each. Using all chinese surplus. When it happened for me, it's awesome, the bullet is pushed back into the shell, and the lip is bent. All of them. Maybe they were stiff, don't know. They are OK now.

Gen3 Pmags, no issues, have three, no issues at all.

Factory mag, no issues whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by doczong View Post
    Grey LAR-15 10 round mags, I have five, four of the five had feed issues, once - the first time I used them. I worked the springs on them pretty hard after by cycling them with a piece of dowel and now they haven't fed wrong yet couple hundred rounds each. Using all chinese surplus. When it happened for me, it's awesome, the bullet is pushed back into the shell, and the lip is bent. All of them. Maybe they were stiff, don't know. They are OK now.

Gen3 Pmags, no issues, have three, no issues at all.

Factory mag, no issues whatsoever.
    What I've learned with LAR-15 mags to put one less bullet in. Rather than 10..try 9 or 8. After I reduced capacity 1-2 bullets all my mags functioned perfectly!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    How can one be assured they get a new batch rifle? Dealers will still pass on gouge guns no doubt. Serial number range?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    How can one be assured they get a new batch rifle? Dealers will still pass on gouge guns no doubt. Serial number range?
    I would like to hear something official from the NS as to what (if anything) is different from Batch 2.

I can understand that they might want to keep tight lipped so they don't jepordize any Batch 1 rifle sales still in the pipeline. However, it would be nice to know if any "issues" from the first batch have been corrected with the second.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast