Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAGrunt View Post
    I don't know, sounds like a Tavor, no?
    I agree !! Its a T97 and before I got mine I wanted all kinds of changes?? But after watching the PLA recruit training Vid and handleing my own gun. The ergonomics work for me. Hang onto the gun with your right hand and everything else with your left. I don't seem to have any issue with the carry handle or the big ugly front sight? Scope on the carry handle? It seems like it will work also? My mags work and if it cycles well I will be happy!!! These guns were designed for small stature PLA soldiers and I'm a big guy. So unhappy make it work or don't buy it!!!

I'm right handed but unfortunately the vision in my right eye prevents me from being able to shoot right handed, so no matter how much communist forced right handed drill I did, I still wouldn't be able to hit the broad side of a barn with it. The carry handle and charge handle on top (besides being ugly) leaves you with little options for optics mounting unless you want a gun as tall as it is long. I already made up my mind and bought a Tavor. I am quite happy with it, but if the option for a ambi T97 had have been there I may have bought it instead.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    Ive had my type 97 since Christmas. I bought a case of Norinco 223 to run through it. I thought the rifle was crap at first since i couldent hit anything past 50 meters. After buying various types of ammo for this rifle I found out that it likes some types more than others. Ive been using AE black box and it shot pretty good I also used Winchester white box and it did better also. Now ive been using hornady super performance ammo and it rocks. Im getting about 1.5 inch groups using iron sights. Now in the grand scheme of things that isint very accurate, But given what the rifle is im pretty happy with it.

As far as feeding issues go...Ive been using p mags and no real issues, ive also used lar mags and ive had issues with them not feeding right( red follower). The mag i use the most is a 20 rounder pinned to 5. Fun gun worth 1000 dollars. Sure why not. I'll get another one if the mag release and safety is fixed.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It took me a while to even warm up to the bullpup type of rifle. Until I shouldered the t97. For me I seem to have a good cheek weld and sight picture with the high carry handle and front sight. But I 'm keeping my preorder in with the other sponsers gun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    Ive had my type 97 since Christmas. I bought a case of Norinco 223 to run through it. I thought the rifle was crap at first since i couldent hit anything past 50 meters. After buying various types of ammo for this rifle I found out that it likes some types more than others. Ive been using AE black box and it shot pretty good I also used Winchester white box and it did better also. Now ive been using hornady super performance ammo and it rocks. Im getting about 1.5 inch groups using iron sights. Now in the grand scheme of things that isint very accurate, But given what the rifle is im pretty happy with it.

As far as feeding issues go...Ive been using p mags and no real issues, ive also used lar mags and ive had issues with them not feeding right( red follower). The mag i use the most is a 20 rounder pinned to 5. Fun gun worth 1000 dollars. Sure why not. I'll get another one if the mag release and safety is fixed.
    If that is at 100 yards or M, that is very good.
    That is what Weatherby uses as their standard.
    http://www.weatherby.com/support/faq/item/view/44324

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I was having some problems with failure to feed where the bullet would drive back into the case. With the LAR-15 orange follower mags , Norinco .223 and using the LULA loader. So I only put in 9 rds. and using the loader I slowed down and kept the mag tilted back so the cartridge stayed back in the mag when loading. Don't know if it made a differance but I did get 100 rds at 100% And I did get the gun heated up so maybe it just needed a good breakin time??

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I was having some problems with failure to feed where the bullet would drive back into the case. With the LAR-15 orange follower mags , Norinco .223 and using the LULA loader. So I only put in 9 rds. and using the loader I slowed down and kept the mag tilted back so the cartridge stayed back in the mag when loading. Don't know if it made a differance but I did get 100 rds at 100% And I did get the gun heated up so maybe it just needed a good breakin time??
    Had a similar issue once, with the factory crappy mag, after switch to Pmags and LAR15, never happened again. Make sure you lubricate the gun. And yes maybe it needs a bit of break in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Got a 2014 batch won't feed past three round. Sent back to NS a while ago. Haven't heard back since
    2013 t97s feed great tho

I had one of the first batch.
    It had a light gouge, but was still accurate. The same or better than my tavor.
    It ran 100% with any mag after modifying the feed ramp angle.

I have one from the first batch and it has a light tool-mark. I have had only two pushed-in bullets, but since I did the filing job on the feed ramp it cycles rounds with no problems. I cannot say anything about how accurate it is since I'm the one shooting it and I'm realistic about how well I shoot lol! But its lots of fun!
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    (John 3:16)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast