Thread: Store hours question.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Store hours question.....

Hey guys, wanted to get your thought's on something I've been tossing around.

We're looking at getting an enclosed trailer and set it up as a "Vending trailer" and bring out gear to shoots, matches, events etc.

To do this though we would be closing the store on Saturdays and possibly look at staying open later on a weeknight.

Would closing on Sat. matter to you if we started showing up at events?
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

I would prefer you stay open on Saturday since I'm too far away to visit your physical store and like being able to call or correspond on the weekend, but it would be cool to see where you guys show up and what you bring. Any idea on the range of your mobile store?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Petawawa and North Bay would be on the calendar quite a bit.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

I keep forgetting that Trenton is between Ottawa and Toronto.

I would like to see you guys in Ottawa, but part of me thinks you'd probably make more money running the shop on Saturday than paying for gas to possibly make sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Petawawa and North Bay would be on the calendar quite a bit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    There cannot be that many events and matches, so I think it is a great idea. I shop online anyway, so whether you are open on Saturday or not doesn't affect online purchases. Even if there were a lot of events, you have the forum to announce closures and appearances anyway. If I knew you were going to be at an event or show close to Ottawa, I may buy something and pick it up from you (if that was doable) or just buy it from your trailer.
    Prost!

Berger

I didn't even think about them going to shows- I would specifically go to a show if it meant One Shot was there. It'd be refreshing to see things at shows which aren't overpriced milsurp or fudd guns.

Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    There cannot be that many events and matches, so I think it is a great idea. I shop online anyway, so whether you are open on Saturday or not doesn't affect online purchases. Even if there were a lot of events, you have the forum to announce closures and appearances anyway. If I knew you were going to be at an event or show close to Ottawa, I may buy something and pick it up from you (if that was doable) or just buy it from your trailer.

I'd say keep your normal hours; and when an event comes up give a couple weeks notice that you're closing brick and mortar side for the day/weekend. Just leave a thread about the event here, an advert on the wide side ((should be easy to get your web guy to leave you a box you can edit at the top OSTS GOING HERE ______ GET YOUR PINK GUCHI AND RED PIN STRIPED GEAR TODAY! REMEMBER RED STRIPES MAKE YOU GO FASTER!)) etc. And then same with the voice mail at work. Takes a minute to change up the answerin' machine to say "Sorry we missed your call; today we're helping the great people in insertanameville play barbie with their rifle"

I would be surprised if you said that more of your clients purchase store side than web side. And I'd wager many of your store side clients often order via web as well. The point being that MOST as in 95% of your client base is not going to be upset that they bump their nose on the door cause you closed to go to an event; AS long as there was some notice or the attempt of notice. Most of them are researching their kit well enough to know what they want; to be able know they can place their order online or over the phone with you. And those that want to see it, know you'll be back open again. OR now have an excuse to drive up to Pet and see MORE kit.

I think it would be awesome for you guys to go to events. However, my wallet says no.