Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Norinco .45ACP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    Can I have your brass
    I suspect someone who can buy 100k of 45 auto doesn't need concern themselves with scavenging their brass... Just find out where and when he shoots

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Really better off to buy an inexpensive Lee progressive press, cast bullets by the bucket, and pick up all of the Norinco brass that others leave laying on the range.

Doing a rough calculation, using CanAm primers, titegroup powder, and commercial cast bullets I can reload 45ACP for about $140/k. I put in a number of hours off and on over a weekend and I've put down 2000 rounds, which last me months.

Put a few thousand rounds down and you've paid for your equipment. After that you can shoot and shoot 45acp knowing you're paying less for your ammo than that guy buying bulk 9mm does.

It's a good feeling.
    +1!!!! I am in the process of buying dies.
    Member - NFA CSSA NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Really better off to buy an inexpensive Lee progressive press, cast bullets by the bucket, and pick up all of the Norinco brass that others leave laying on the range.

Doing a rough calculation, using CanAm primers, titegroup powder, and commercial cast bullets I can reload 45ACP for about $140/k. I put in a number of hours off and on over a weekend and I've put down 2000 rounds, which last me months.

Put a few thousand rounds down and you've paid for your equipment. After that you can shoot and shoot 45acp knowing you're paying less for your ammo than that guy buying bulk 9mm does.

It's a good feeling.
    Where do you get you cast bullets?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kozlojak View Post
    Where do you get you cast bullets?
    PM sent, since this is a business members forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123