Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Lancaster display

Waoh John!! Very impressive! Historic!

CGN Regular
    Holy smokes very nice!!!! how much are one of them worth? (estimated average)?

Thanks for all the good comments. No, none are for sale Not really an obsession, I least I tell Pat it is not, but these are very unique, less than 1,000 built over a 20 year period at a time when the British Empire was involved in bloody scraps all over the world. Look closely, first column fifth down, shows very clearly where she was hit by a bullet! The Google definition is very close. Making to much money? never but I am watching my investments, as a self employed "Gun Runner" my pension plan is not very rosy! I prefer my Lancaster's to RSPs but that is always a touchy subject with my accountant I sold a lot of neat toys that I had collected over the years, like a semi auto MAG 58 that my kids can not inherit and I am not allowed to take to the range and a beautiful MP 34, yes MP, not to mention a mint matching MG34 with a .308 conversion kit, but now you have me dreaming.

Nice collection John, thanks for sharing it with us.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    So have you looked around to see if yours is the largest collection in North America? Perhaps worldwide? I see museum stats in your future!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    So have you looked around to see if yours is the largest collection in North America? Perhaps worldwide? I see museum stats in your future!
    I have a spread sheet with details of every Lancaster I have ever seen anywhere listed. I have 90 on the spread sheet, I have 20 here and two more on route to me, so I have 22 out of the 90 I have come across. If they had a 40 to 50% survival rate then I have a long way to go. I will always be pleased to receive the details of any Lancaster found any where, number of barrels, length of barrels, caliber, finish, serial number etc. and a photo if possible. Maybe one day Iwill write a book on these.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Dam I was hoping to see a picture of a 4 engine bomber on display out side your store
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Dam I was hoping to see a picture of a 4 engine bomber on display out side your store
    I wish

Wow, very impressive. I wonder if the person that was handling the one that was struck by a bullet survived. Pretty crazy
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    nice collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast