Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Lancaster display

New Lancaster display

Part of my new display showing most of my Lancaster collection.

I am always looking for more and will pay a $100 “Finder’s fee” for information leading to the successful purchase of any multi barreled Lancaster pistol.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 04-03-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Very impressive collection John. Nicely done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Dang!

I dropped by the show room a few weeks ago and I gotta say your staff are amazing! Knowledgable and super nice! And your collection is outstanding!

Cheers, curtis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Wanna sell one John :-P
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Very cool!

What's with the obsession though? Was it the first pistol you handled as a child or something?

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Great love to come by and see them. Hope you don't mind the past of what it is, I went of an Googled to find out more, must know every thing .

The Lancaster Pistol was a multi-barrelled (either 2 or 4 barrels) handgun produced in England in the mid-late 19th century,[1] chambered in a variety of centrefire pistol calibres—chiefly .380", .450 Adams, .455 Webley, and .577 calibre.[2]

It was a modernised version of the pepper-box pistol popular in the early-mid 19th century.[3] Unlike these earlier guns, which had percussion cap ignition the Lancaster was chambered for the more modern brass cartridges. It had a faster rate of fire than the standard-issue Adams revolver and was often fitted with a Tranter-type trigger to overcome the heavy pull of the revolving striker.[3]

Sometimes classified as a Howdah pistol, the Lancaster pistol enjoyed popularity with British officers in India and Africa during the British Raj owing to its faster rate of fire and increased reliability over contemporary revolvers.

Its ammunition had greater stopping-power than the contemporary Beaumont-Adams and Colt Navy revolvers, making it ideal for colonial warfare. When facing charging tribesmen like the Zulus or Dervishes more modern ammunition tended to go straight through the enemy who would keep going. What was needed was a heavy lead bullet that would lodge in their body and bring them down.[3]

It was eventually displaced by the various Webley revolvers in the late 19th century, as revolvers became more reliable and faster to reload, thus removing many of the advantages of the multi-barrel design. A few were still in use as late as World War I, and they were well known to be solidly built and easy to maintain.
    “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party.” – Mao Zedong

Someones making tooooo much money ;-)
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Quote Originally Posted by H.K.Glock 007 View Post
    Someones making tooooo much money ;-)
    Lancaster + Gold + Ammo + Silver > Paper investments

That is a beautiful thing right there...thanks for sharing John!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast