Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know any places to shoot outdoors legally near Vancouver BC?

Anyone know any places to shoot outdoors legally near Vancouver BC?

Hi and thanks for reading. I am sure it has been asked but I cannot find an answer here. I am wondering if you guys know any spots to shoot outdoors and not break any laws or bylaws. The only spot I know of right now is Mission and that is a hell of a drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    What me worry?

i just moved to Vancouver and would love to know as well. so far my research has turned up the range at port coquitlam and thompson mountain, both are far away as i live downtown.

Go find some logging areas on Crown Land. There should be no shortage in BC!
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Well, when you find a good place be careful who you tell because the last thing you want is for it to be overrun with yahoos and idiots who leave casings and garbage. Next thing you know you'll have officers coming up there regularly to keep an eye on things or new local regulations to shut it down and that's no fun for those of us who shoot on crown land responsibly. What I did to find my spots was look at Fraser Valley regulations to know where municipalities have bylaws which prohibit shooting and then compare it to the BC government recreation site map to look for trails and clearings/clear cuts which would have a good back stop with no trails or roads in behind it and then went exploring. For good measure to make sure I don't get accused of being a poacher if an officer does come up, I always set up a firing line and use paper targets so that it is obvious that it is a makeshift range for target practice and not just some dude with a hunting rifle in the forest who might be a poacher. There are lots of good areas if you are willing to drive or hike for a few hours, but for the days I just feel like shooting at paper within an hour of home that's why I also have a membership at the Port Coquitlam & District Hunting & Fishing Club. I haven't found anything closer to home (North Van) that is as easy as going there for the day.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...ons/fvsah.html
    http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife.../FVSAH2013.pdf
    http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/recst/

I hope that helps
    "Shoot to thrill, play to kill
    I got my gun at the ready, gonna fire at will,"
    ~AC/DC

BANNED
    This is interesting. I know it says Squamish but you scroll down there are some maps. I would make dang sure before I started blasting away of course.
    https://squamish.civicweb.net/conten...20complete.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    That is why POCO range is packed in the weekends. Be prepared to wait 2 hours for a spot on Sunny weekends. With our dense population expect to drive beyond Mission or Chilliwack to find outdoor spots.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Expired Business Member
    Go towards Squamish

Thanks for the info guys. I will be getting a membership at poco but I will wait until Nov/Dec to apply since I am already 4 months into this year. For now I will try to find a crown land spot that maybe closer.
    What me worry?

between Lions Bay and Squamish there are logging roads. Just be sure your out of the No Shooting Zone in Lions Bay, and Squamish. and at least 1k east of Highway 99, or 400m west.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

is there any google map point?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast