Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Got my Chinese SKS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I like Marstar but they are at the bottom of my list based on shipping. Nothing personal - just a price match.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I like Marstar but they are at the bottom of my list based on shipping. Nothing personal - just a price match.
    Offer us some alternatives....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Current carrier blows. Canada Post for guns? After the courier 'attempted delivery' twice I drove 20 km and waited 30 minutes in line to pick up a rifle. Ammo? Not sure. Others ship for less. I've got no beef. I'm not a hater. I just shop around.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GIGGIDY's Avatar
    I just received my Chinese SKS and ammo as well. I'm pleased so far as it looks nicer than my '52 Russian. There are more sharp edges on the Chicom one though.

The part that left a sour taste in my mouth in my first and last deal with Marstar is that I was not told the shipping charges before the order was completed and shipped. I assumed (wrongly) that I would get an email confirming the price of shipping and asking if I wanted to proceed before the order was processed, shipped and I was charged. Had I known the exact charges of shipping I would never have authorized my CC being charged. I almost feel like they pulled a fast one on me. There was no "deal" once you factor in the shipping charges. Live and learn. Wont make that mistake again.
    Last edited by GIGGIDY; 04-09-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Buy local... If local means a three hour drive but local anyway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    In SKS world, once you go Chinese, you can never go back.

Ya, my Chinese SKS is a bit more accurate than my Soviet refurb.
    I presume that's b/c the Chinese SKS is a new gun with a brand new barrel!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree. In my experience Chinese > Soviet for SKS

CGN Regular
    I have yet to remove the cosmoline off mine but I was pretty happy with marstar's delivery. Got my SKS as part of a m305/sks combo, it arrived one day earlier than estimated and it came in a nice marstar gun case.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGGIDY View Post
    I just received my Chinese SKS and ammo as well. I'm pleased so far as it looks nicer than my '52 Russian. There are more sharp edges on the Chicom one though.

The part that left a sour taste in my mouth in my first and last deal with Marstar is that I was not told the shipping charges before the order was completed and shipped. I assumed (wrongly) that I would get an email confirming the price of shipping and asking if I wanted to proceed before the order was processed, shipped and I was charged. Had I known the exact charges of shipping I would never have authorized my CC being charged. I almost feel like they pulled a fast one on me. There was no "deal" once you factor in the shipping charges. Live and learn. Wont make that mistake again.
    DID you request a quote ??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast