Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Got my Chinese SKS

Quote Originally Posted by Guill View Post
    How to tell if it's a military model exept the marking and chinese characters ? Mine have only the serial number, no code and marking on the receiver.
    I got the same one. Only 7 digit serial #. I was just going to keep it in cosmoline but after some thought I decided to clean it up and shoot it as I don't think it will have any collector value. It is really quite nice, has a brushed satin bolt and carrier. Mine has a recessed crown, is that common for a chi-com? Anyways I'll have to wait till I get together with my buddy to have a sks shoot to see how it compares to my Russian. I don't even take it out unless I will put at least 250 through it. It's defiantly more fun to have a shooting partner so I'll just wait till it gets nicer out and plan a sks day.

Quote Originally Posted by slyty View Post
    I got the same one. Only 7 digit serial #. I was just going to keep it in cosmoline but after some thought I decided to clean it up and shoot it as I don't think it will have any collector value. It is really quite nice, has a brushed satin bolt and carrier. Mine has a recessed crown, is that common for a chi-com? Anyways I'll have to wait till I get together with my buddy to have a sks shoot to see how it compares to my Russian. I don't even take it out unless I will put at least 250 through it. It's defiantly more fun to have a shooting partner so I'll just wait till it gets nicer out and plan a sks day.
    Ended up finding some mfs 762x39 in the back of the ammo locker. This rifle is way more accurate than my russian 1950 Tula. Hit the propane tank 10 out of 10 times offhand at 250 yards. Very impressed indeed. I now couldn't care less if it's a commercial or military, this will be a shooter. this gun rocks.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    ref your question, all of my parts are tight to one another. no loose bits.
    I picked up a chinese SKS a month ago, a factory 306 model. There are no loose parts, except maybe the cleaning rod. The forestock is solid.

Also quite a bit of difference in age between these 306's and the Russian 53's. Factory 306 opened in 1971, so the #000000 (million#) adds to 1971. Mine is a 1xxxxxx which makes it 1972 and brand-spanking new.

Quote Originally Posted by basic_drill View Post
    I picked up a chinese SKS a month ago, a factory 306 model. There are no loose parts, except maybe the cleaning rod. The forestock is solid.

Also quite a bit of difference in age between these 306's and the Russian 53's. Factory 306 opened in 1971, so the #000000 (million#) adds to 1971. Mine is a 1xxxxxx which makes it 1972 and brand-spanking new.
    thanks for that, my # is 6 - 1611xxx. with the factory code for either 0406 or 0306 depending on the site. (four triangles two bottom ones with open sides). So maybe a 1972 rifle? It has the short barrel lug with the D on the rear sight.

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    All these minty rifles, and yet no pics... lets have em
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

BANNED
    thanks for that, my # is 6 - 1611xxx. with the factory code for either 0406 or 0306 depending on the site. (four triangles two bottom ones with open sides). So maybe a 1972 rifle? It has the short barrel lug with the D on the rear sight.
    Four triangles and a bold "6" in the middle? Like this?
    Sounds like an oddball and you should post a pic of that factory stamp. Are there any characters that appear to the right of it, before the serial?

i'll post a picture when my camera loads.

top triangle has no line, middle triangle no number and no line, left triangle has line in it and top left open, right triangle has line in it and top right open.

BANNED
    i'll post a picture when my camera loads.

top triangle has no line, middle triangle no number and no line, left triangle has line in it and top left open, right triangle has line in it and top right open.
    Try to include the stamp and everything up to the first digit of the serial, if you can.

I think yours is Factory 36, or #9 in this image:

Last edited by basic_drill; 04-14-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by basic_drill View Post
    Try to include the stamp and everything up to the first digit of the serial, if you can.

I think yours is Factory 36, or #9 in this image:

yeah no issues. should be gtg soon

here you go.
    factory code
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_2483.jpg
    6-1611963
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_2485.jpg
    and the rifle itself, pretty nice I think, dark stain, soft though like the rest.
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_2482.jpg
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_2481.jpg

no I do not have a boner....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast