Thread: Certificate for AR build

Certificate for AR build

So I called the CFO as I had finished my first AR build (no longer just a receiver). They asked about barrel length, caliber and rounds it could carry. I replied with info for it's current configuration. The thing is that an AR lower can have any upper put on, so how does this work with the certificate?? If I were to now put on my 22lr upper, or a longer/shorter barrel?

Excellent question, I was wondering about that too...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    If you're planning on swapping uppers on a regular basis you should have just left it registered as a receiver (to avoid this calling in all the time to change the registration details). If you look here: https://nfa.ca/resource-items/barrel...rearms-lengths the NFA seems to advocate changing all registrations to frame/receiver for flexibility with upper/barrel changes.
    Last edited by Brordo; 04-09-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

I was told that for my conversion kits you have 30 days to notify CFO/RCMP of the change. So if I want to shoot .22lr out of my 9mm Sig P226, I take the conversion kit with me to the range, change it there, shoot, then change it back to the 9mm configuration before I go home. Not sure if it's 100% legit, but I've been told the same by many people/shops. I also do this for my AR (.22lr/.223) and used to do it for my XCR (7.62/.223) when we had to register them...
    The best gun control is to breath deeply in, then let half the breath out, and squeeze, not jerk, the trigger.

BANNED
    Just leave it as a lower, No need to call the CFC.