Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to apply for PAL, slowly evaluating buying options (semi-auto)

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Here's another blackfeather build, Lots of options for the m 14 platform.
    Dude...I think you might've made my day with this one. The kit is like, 640 bucks?! So for 1140$ I have everything I'm looking for, instead of paying 2700$ +++ for an XCR-M!!! Will read on the site to get more details! Alas, this is provided I get a Norc that shoots straight lol...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by little buster View Post
    As others have mentioned the sks is a great cheap option since 7.62x39 surplus can be cheap, only downfall is most gun ranges here in montreal dont allow the use of milsurp ammo especially not steel plated rounds... so you will need to buy the more expensive non military kind

not to mention how well you will know your rifle since you will need to clean it after every outing since the ammo is very corrosive
    Steel cored not steel plated (its copper jacketed) besides ranges cant care less if its surplus as long as its lead core. Besides non mil. ammo is not corrosive either and youre not stuck shooting at paper in a boring range you can just get out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelplink View Post
    Steel cored not steel plated (its copper jacketed) besides ranges cant care less if its surplus as long as its lead core. Besides non mil. ammo is not corrosive either and youre not stuck shooting at paper in a boring range you can just get out of town.
    Ive seen many ranges where they have no military surplus ammunition allowed as one of their rules, im talking about montreal here
    ex: crafam doesnt allow it
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

Not to mention many only allow 22lr and handgun practice or only do trap shooting
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

Quote Originally Posted by little buster View Post
    Ive seen many ranges where they have no military surplus ammunition allowed as one of their rules, im talking about montreal here
    ex: crafam doesnt allow it
    That's because steel core ammo will ruin their backstop. Outdoor ranges are usually more permissive. And yes it's a shame we don't have any real alternatives as far as ranges go in Montreal. CRAFM is cool but so expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12