Thread: wild west range west ed mall pal challenge

wild west range west ed mall pal challenge

hey, just curious if anyone on here has done the challenge for PAL only, not the rpal, just trying to plan, my day, i`m going in to challenge at 10am tomorrow morning, and ive gotten a few very varied responses on how long i should plan to be there, just trying to figure out roughly how long it will take?
    thanks

doing it in edmonton at wild west shooting range,

If you're just challenging, I would expect about an hour. Maybe a bit more.

i was done in 20 mins on both and passed with flying colors its all on how long it take you to read and understand the questions

cool, thanks , been reading the manual like crazy, have'nt touched a firearm in ages, but just couldn't find a course i could get into, with my work schedule, fingers crossed i don't suffer a massive brain fart tomorrow..lol

well ,off to write my exam, hopefully the brain farts stop just long enough that i remember what i read..wish me luck..lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    if u can, you might as well get the r as well- it's almost the same questions, worded slightly differently

ya, ive looked into it, and im just not a handgun type of guy, i`ve rented them a few times at ranges and played around with them, are they fun, ya, but not something i see myself jumping into, i`m more for hunting, maybe down the road that`ll change, but right now, i`m having a hard enough time remembering prove and acts haha, dont wanna overload my poor brain more then it already is..lol, that and its an extra 100 that i could put into rifle fund ,lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    if you write it now, you won't have to write it again- I've been a rifle guy since69 or so- 303 brit- 8mm, but I had to write to get my att for my old army which i'd had sinc e75- I know that sounds crazy, but we were under rcmp/cp jurisdiction at the time and wouldn't issue without pal/rpal "safety course AND range membership( I later found out the good inspector was playing by his own rules) anyway, I got both and it made"sense"

Quote Originally Posted by ian745 View Post
    well ,off to write my exam, hopefully the brain farts stop just long enough that i remember what i read..wish me luck..lol
    So...how did you do?

got er beat, missed 2 on the written, and aced the practical, stupid double negatives..lol, but hey, i passed!!!