Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rearsenal sks vs regulare sks

Rearsenal sks vs regulare sks

Hey, I'm just wondering what the difference is between the two SKSs you've got for sale on your site. Is the rearsenal refurbished, and the other one not?

CGN Regular
    I'll take a wild guess and say they're both probably arsenal refurbs.

$199 - Hardwood

$224 - Laminate

I could be wrong though.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Im interested to know as well. Also are the rifles degreased of the cosmoline? Some dealers clean em up for display...
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

CGN Regular
    I purchased one that was supposed to have been unissued, but clearly received a rearsenaled refurbished instead. It was cleaned of cosmoline, with large areas of rust that had been painted over with black paint. The springs in the trigger assembly were completely rusted over, and the gas tube was rusted and pitted to hell as well. Very poor condition. Im sure some are in better condition than others, but be warned.

edit - gotta add that the staff has been helpful with the return to fix the issue of the wrong item being shipped, good customer service so far!
    Last edited by duuder; 04-14-2014 at 01:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Rearsenal just means they take a batch of firearms go this one needs a new trigger and replace the parts that are worn out. Most surplus firearms have been rearsenaled sometimes they mark them with a stamp or other marking. Most sks are Rearsenal sks it's very hard to find one that has never been touched as most get used then fixed up allot of mosin nagants 91/30 are that way as well just replace the barrel and stock after WW2 because they were beaten up or broken.

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Rearsenal just means they take a batch of firearms go this one needs a new trigger and replace the parts that are worn out. Most surplus firearms have been rearsenaled sometimes they mark them with a stamp or other marking. Most sks are Rearsenal sks it's very hard to find one that has never been touched as most get used then fixed up allot of mosin nagants 91/30 are that way as well just replace the barrel and stock after WW2 because they were beaten up or broken.
    Agreed. Some of the best milsurps in general, have been refurbished. Some right here from members on this site. To find original equipment, untouched, usually means pitted bores & rust! I believe most of the Russian SKS's are refurbs (forced matched) that are on the market. The Chinese stuff maybe a different story?...
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCESWITHEMPTIES View Post
    Agreed. Some of the best milsurps in general, have been refurbished. Some right here from members on this site. To find original equipment, untouched, usually means pitted bores & rust! I believe most of the Russian SKS's are refurbs (forced matched) that are on the market. The Chinese stuff maybe a different story?...
    if it says unfired on the Chinese, it should be covered in cosmoline from the grate. The ones from marstar are new and not a speck of rust, just a lot of caked on cosmoline. Which is fine it keeps it from rusting since the early 70s

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Rearsenal just means they take a batch of firearms go this one needs a new trigger and replace the parts that are worn out. Most surplus firearms have been rearsenaled sometimes they mark them with a stamp or other marking. Most sks are Rearsenal sks it's very hard to find one that has never been touched as most get used then fixed up.
    Hard to find but not impossible. I have a pair of 1951 Tula's from another dealer on this site which show no signs of a rebuild or even of being used. All numbers are stamped; no electropencil anywhere. No [/] rebuild marks. The marks/numbers on the stocks are clearly applied after the shellac. Internal parts have no wear or scratches from being cycled. Rifling is sharp and the muzzles are tight.

In short, two brand new 63 year old guns.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    If the pics they are showing are what the guns are they are both refurbished. All the honey colored laminates are refurb. The pic also shows the handguard which is hardwood and the stock laminate on the more expensive one. This is a dead giveaway that it too is a refurb. They don't explain the price difference or the reason why one is more than the other. Just go for the refurb ones as all refurb rifles were brought back to like new operating condition. You are probably using it for a shooter anyway. Just to note when you see these referred to as unissued it means unissued after arsenal refurb, not unissued in original condition. Those would be collector guns and would cost quite a bit more than these as true examples of these are getting hard to find.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
    Im interested to know as well. Also are the rifles degreased of the cosmoline? Some dealers clean em up for display...
    I bought the $225 one and it was covered in grease.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast