Thread: Newbie needs to learn how to shoot

Newbie needs to learn how to shoot

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a rifle to learn how to shoot properly. I've done some shooting before but haven't really learned anything. I'm thinking of buying a bolt action .22. Any recommendations? Also any books, videos ect that anyone can recommend to help a newbie.
    Thanks

Share with you what I shared with my daughter when she was learning to shoot. Get out there and shoot. When you can hit your target 10/10 at 25-30 yards, back it off to 50 yards, when you get 10/10 at that range, back it to 75 yards, 10/10 go to 100 yards. The way to get better is to put lead down range and hit the target. Use paper to begin with, so you can see where you are shooting. Once you get consistent on paper, you can move to swingers or other reaction targets. And dont be like all the other range jockies that use sleds, supports etc. Shoot from a standing, unsupported position. Its the toughest, so practice it.

When you get a little practice in, join a metal silhouette shooting club, and you will get alot better and you can get advise on how to perfect your shooting style from people who can watch you and give you solid feedback.

Best advise though, is to get out there and be safe. Remember your safety rules and have fun.

Thanks for the reply. Now to get out there and buy that new rifle and a brick of ammo. :D

CZ 455 or 452 (if you can find one).

For the basics youtube can help some. Fellow range membesr can be another good source of knowledge and experience.

wow good decision but it there any training to learn how to shoot..

www.pokiesslotmachines.com.au
    Last edited by scottvidrine; 04-30-2014 at 01:07 AM.

I'm going to visit a few local ranges next week. Might join a club and try pistol shooting as well.

BANNED
    You could try to hook up with a mentor here http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Mentors-Quebec
    Lots of peoples are willing to let you pop a few rounds and show you the basics for the price of ammo. You might like the firearms they have and it'll be easier to set your sights on one in perticular.Try to get one that has handguns it's an awsome feeling the first time. That's what got me hooked to this "sport" (more like an addiction) lol