Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New XCR-L from Wolverine - the barrel is not straight?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Removing the barrel certainly won't void the warranty, after all the firearm is designed to be a quick change barrel and caliber conversion. Give us a call tomorrow regarding the rifle. We will certainly figure out what is going on and make it right. It might be something as simple as the retaining bolt divot in the barrel isn't drilled center. it is that divot that won't let you "move" the barrel into position. Is the boresighter you are using one that goes in the chamber or one that slides in the muzzle end?

You also don't need loctite and those rifles certainly aren't a POS. Sounds like someone has been finding really old internet posts again.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    XCR are great guns. End of discussion. However, since you admitted in an open form that you took the barrel off and tried to fix it yourself, then you voided the warranty. period. If you had not of monkeyed with it, you probably could have just exchanged it with no issue. Now? If Wolverine will do an exchange for you with you having to pay an additional 25 to 50%, that would be realistic. Since they will have to fix the rifle and sell it as used, because you monkeyed with it, they can't claim warranty from XCR.
    You really should let us worry about what we can warranty and what we can't....he hasn't voided his warranty at all. Also he posted in an open forum under and handle, not his real name, kinda hard to track that warranty via internet handles.

CGN frequent flyer
    Hate to tell you this but laser boresighters from my experience are not that accurate especially the 25-30 dollar Chinese cartridge style ones and should only be used to sight 25 to 50 yards.I even have a high end laser boresighter ($200 plus) and it still suffers from pilot issues even though it comes with all kinds of machined aluminum adapters and O-rings.I just use them to get on target then finish sighting in the old way with good ammo or in the case of a bolt gun rest firmly then pull the bolt and sight through the barrel and compare to sights.I have more luck driving my black lab nutz with them then on guns.Hope this helps--Dieseldog!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Removing the barrel certainly won't void the warranty, after all the firearm is designed to be a quick change barrel and caliber conversion. Give us a call tomorrow regarding the rifle. We will certainly figure out what is going on and make it right. It might be something as simple as the retaining bolt divot in the barrel isn't drilled center. it is that divot that won't let you "move" the barrel into position. Is the boresighter you are using one that goes in the chamber or one that slides in the muzzle end?

You also don't need loctite and those rifles certainly aren't a POS. Sounds like someone has been finding really old internet posts again.
    Great responses, sounds like you are a first class operation

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldog View Post
    Hate to tell you this but laser boresighters from my experience are not that accurate especially the 25-30 dollar Chinese cartridge style ones and should only be used to sight 25 to 50 yards.I even have a high end laser boresighter ($200 plus) and it still suffers from pilot issues even though it comes with all kinds of machined aluminum adapters and O-rings.I just use them to get on target then finish sighting in the old way with good ammo or in the case of a bolt gun rest firmly then pull the bolt and sight through the barrel and compare to sights.I have more luck driving my black lab nutz with them then on guns.Hope this helps--Dieseldog!
    I've found the same thing especially on rifles with flashhiders etc. I've found that alot of the time I still had alot of adjusting to do once I start shooting.
    Last edited by Wolverine Supplies; 04-14-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Spelling.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jugi16 View Post
    Buy some loctite too.
    Can you tell me how to loctite an xcr
    What?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post

I'm using a boresighter that attaches to the muzzle. It's very accurate because the rifles that I have sighted (using real ammo) with red dots are dead on straight in line with the boresighter. Regardless of how I rotate the boresighter in the XCR, the POI of the laser is the same - to the right.

I really love this rifle, and hope to get this fixed. Thanks.
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

Quote Originally Posted by superlative View Post
    I'm using a boresighter that attaches to the muzzle. It's very accurate because the rifles that I have sighted (using real ammo) with red dots are dead on straight in line with the boresighter. Regardless of how I rotate the boresighter in the XCR, the POI of the laser is the same - to the right.

I really love this rifle, and hope to get this fixed. Thanks.
    contact the office in the morning. Contrary to what people think we don't work 24/7 lol

Quote Originally Posted by superlative View Post
    I'd like a reply from someone at Wolverine.
    phone broken?
    "I HAVE A STRONG FEELING ABOUT GUN CONTROL. IF THERE'S A GUN AROUND, I WANT TO BE CONTROLLING IT." Clint Eastwood PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    From my experience even cheap boresighters works adequately enough to be easily on paper at 50m. If you can't get the sight to line up at max setting either the BS or sight is broken. BS laser is a simple device, even my cheap $10 ebay one got me bullseye within 3 shots at 100m.

Biggest problem is most folks don't know how to sight a rifle. Still laughing recounting the dude firing 20+ shots out of his brand new RFB at 100m with zero hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldog View Post
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.