Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New XCR-L from Wolverine - the barrel is not straight?

The pic looks to me like the gas block is just canted a bit. Hard to tell for sure, but the actual barrel looks centered.
    Whatever

A customer makes a post on a Sunday evening telling the world that he has purchased an XCR from Wolverine and he is concerned and ask the question is the barrel on straight?
    In less than 24 hours he has 41 replies and over 4,000 views! Thank you all for the publicity. Let me confirm that we do not work on Sundays and only work a short Saturday with a greatly reduced team. We do not monitor CGN 24 and 7, anyone who would like a quicker reply please e-mail direct to Wolverine Supplies, we try and reply to all e-mails within two working days.

I would like to insert the Wolverine Supplies warranty policy here, I think it speaks for itself;

WE STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING WE SELL, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
    With the exception of some items clearly listed as "clearance, as is, no returns" our warranty policy is very simple:

If you have any problems with a purchase please contact us

1. Return privilege: All goods are sold with a seven-day (from receipt of order) "no questions asked" return policy. No returns will be accepted without a return number. Goods must be returned in the same condition as received. We offer a full refund less shipping. We reserve the right to charge a 20% restocking fee on all items.

2.Used firearms and equipment: All goods will be supplied in sound working condition unless otherwise specified. If you have any concerns please request clarification before purchasing.

3.Manufacturer's Warranty: We do not refer our customers directly to the manufacturer but handle all claims ourselves, "in house". In extreme cases we have even replaced customers firearms and then claimed from the manufacturer, we have also cannibalized parts from new in stock firearms to expedite claims. Under no circumstances attempt to return a firearm direct to an overseas manufacturer without first consulting with us. With all claims we need a copy of your sales receipt or the order number.

The customer in question here with the XCR problem, called us Monday morning, identified himself and the problem. He was issued a return number so that he can return the upper and then we can decide what corrective action needs to happen.

CGN Regular
    I don't think superlative was actually expecting an immediate reply from Wolverine on a Sunday. I think he was politely trying to poo-poo all the negative comments regarding his situation with the XCR.

well....here we go again.
    Superlative, having received a new rifle noticed something odd. He came here for advice,as to wether or not this was an easy fix, perhaps something simple he could address himself.
    Some folks suggested possible causes, which likely led superlative to believe it was best left to the OEM/Supplier. At his earliest possible time, he contacted said supplier and arranged a return. Said supplier stood behind their product 100%.
    Both superlative and wolverine acted appropriately...to the rest of you so quick to "slam" the supplier....SHAME ON YOU

Now, to all

Quote Originally Posted by canuckchap View Post
    well....here we go again.
    Superlative, having received a new rifle noticed something odd. He came here for advice,as to wether or not this was an easy fix, perhaps something simple he could address himself.
    Some folks suggested possible causes, which likely led superlative to believe it was best left to the OEM/Supplier. At his earliest possible time, he contacted said supplier and arranged a return. Said supplier stood behind their product 100%.
    Both superlative and wolverine acted appropriately...to the rest of you so quick to "slam" the supplier....SHAME ON YOU

Now, to all
    Who was "slamming" Wolverine?...

I'm very happy with my new keymod XCR, barrel is straight (although the rear sight is off to the left so it might be a little skewed. I managed a 3 inch 5 shot group with factory ammo and sights, the thing weighs under 7.8 lbs and is a drop dead gorgeous piece of machinery. Wolverine has IMO some of the best customer service there is, they are very fair.

Now we just need some parts kits and barrel conversions for the new bolt system!
    We are defined by our actions-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The customer in question here with the XCR problem, called us Monday morning, identified himself and the problem. He was issued a return number so that he can return the upper and then we can decide what corrective action needs to happen.
    Thanks Mr Wolverine. I am really excited to get this rifle back and fire my first shots down the barrel. I'm waiting on an optic for another rifle to arrive so that I can sight both rifles in the same session.
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

Quote Originally Posted by jugi16 View Post
    Xcr = far from perfection. Overpriced p o s IMO. Buy a good bolt gun for 2500 bucks. To the op sorry you had to learn the hard way.
    I am getting so used to reddit that I spent 20 seconds looking for the downvote when I read jugi16's post.

Wolverine rocks. Great stuff guys! Thanks for the terrific service.

CGN Regular
    I think the issue speaks to the manufacturers or assemblers quality. It should never reach a supplier, e.g. Wolverine, in that condition assuming it has been properly QC'd. You would hope that North American firearm manufacturers and assemblers would do suppliers and clients the honor of putting out a good QC'd product for the price. The way I see it, the suppliers are just that, a supply service, not a manufacturers QC service. If I want supply and manufacturers or assemblers QC, I would order a custom or inspected gun from Alberta Tactical.

Personally, I like Wolverine based on the bit of experience I have had with them. I will do business with them over and over again.