Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hockey playoff Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Slug870 View Post
    Ed,

As the pool is still live and updating, can we continue on with it? Just checked now and it is still going great! Let's not let the whole thing go to waste!
    I agree wholeheartedly as well, even though the link from the invite email won't work for me, and I can't seem to find the pool on the Office Pools site (which is a weak way of asking for help to log in )

I think it would be unfair to continue as they had to cancel sign ups before the actual deadline because of the complaints, I have a team in there but there are a lot of people that were unable.

so then how are they to figure out who wins the ruger then? I still don't understand why they cancelled this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hjerrett View Post
    I think it would be unfair to continue as they had to cancel sign ups before the actual deadline because of the complaints, I have a team in there but there are a lot of people that were unable.
    I disagree.

Furthermore, I registered my team two hours before the deadline, so if people didn't get it done by then; sorry, but that's life. I apologize if I'm coming across as harsh or whatever, but if I hadn't made it in and knew that there were many who did; I most certainly would not want the whole thing canned if there was a chance for some to still enjoy the pool despite the whole complaints issue.

There are ~200 people in the pool right now who took the time to put together their team and enter; why let that go to waste if it's still live and updating?
    CCFR Member
    www.firearmrights.ca

NFA Member
    https://nfa.ca/

355 according to the ranking number. But yes I agree it doesnt really make sense to cancel it, but if they are then I'm wondering what happens for whomever wins the pool.

I don't understand why it was cancelled? Some people complained that they were getting spam e-mails (offered free entry to win a gun), so they decided to cancel it after everyone was already registered? I would love to keep it going. This is the only pool I was able to get involved in this year, and it makes the playoffs just that much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug870 View Post
    I disagree.

Furthermore, I registered my team two hours before the deadline, so if people didn't get it done by then; sorry, but that's life. I apologize if I'm coming across as harsh or whatever, but if I hadn't made it in and knew that there were many who did; I most certainly would not want the whole thing canned if there was a chance for some to still enjoy the pool despite the whole complaints issue.

There are ~200 people in the pool right now who took the time to put together their team and enter; why let that go to waste if it's still live and updating?
    They posted that is was cancelled on the 15th, if people continued to make picks that's fine but why bother if it is cancelled? I don't believe it is their intention that the pool is still working. Either way we should agree to disagree, they have said they are coming up with an alternative for the prize and I thank them for trying.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Sorry, I was away at a couple gun shows lately and did not follow this thread for a bit. We would have continued with the pool and just put up with the few that thought we were 'idiots' for spamming them. Problem is they complained to Office Pools too and we were told they were pulling the pool.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Pool is still live as of 30 secs ago
    CCFR Member
    www.firearmrights.ca

NFA Member
    https://nfa.ca/

So since the pool is still functioning with 355 people are you going to still reward the winner?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast