Thread: Nit-Picky information on PAL application (need some help) UPDATE

CGN Regular

Nit-Picky information on PAL application (need some help) UPDATE

Currently filling out my application and I just want to make sure that I fill out some parts 100% correctly because I don't want to wait a million years with issues at Miramichi.

Took my NR test on January 25, Took my R test today (April 14).

I have Previously had a Minors FAC. Issued in 1998, so it expired ages ago. The very first question on the application is: Select the type of license you possess, check only one:

And the 3 options, all of which apply to me are:

- I have never had a firearms licence.

- I have an expired firearms license. Please provide the Licence #

- I have a minor's Licence and I request a different Licence. Please provide the licence #

I'm leaning toward the first one being the one I should mark down, since there is no, "I have an expired minors licence" choice. I have no idea what my original FAC number was and I don't have the card. I wanna make sure I don't mess this up.

I'm in a hurry to get this off because the ID I used on the form for my NR test expires in June, I was originally going to renew it (Security Licence) but I have a different job now so I dont' plan on bothering. So I don't think I can afford any paperwork mistakes... that is assuming they even know it will expire, it doesn't ask for an expiry date.

If I have any more questions I'll post them.
    Last edited by Advoc; 04-15-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: subject update

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Hmm, technically number two is the one to choose but if you don't remember the license number that complicates things. I would say to call in and someone at the CFC should be able to give you a proper answer.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Regular
    Good advice.

CGN Regular
    UPDATE: Called CFC. they said that if you held a minors licence, it doesn't count. So my answer is supposed to be "I've never had a licence"

CGN Regular
    Mailed April 24, received April 29. Nothing on the website until June 3. Called my references June 7. License issued June 8. Just waiting for the mail XD

Quote Originally Posted by Advoc View Post
    Mailed April 24, received April 29. Nothing on the website until June 3. Called my references June 7. License issued June 8. Just waiting for the mail XD
    Congratulations!!… Now pull out that wallet and get ready to spend, spend , spend…. loll
    Last edited by ESP; 06-16-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.