Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The scariest/weirdest thing just happened with my application process. please help!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by safety first View Post
    Ok, so i see a person who is presenting one side of an incident , and in my experience it's very biased in the teller's favor. Its always important in these situations not to look at what happened but why.

Why is your behaviour so different from most others on here, who have no such issues?

Its because you cannot regulate your behaviour. You got caught out on it and now your bitter about the consequences.

Your trying to use technicalites to get out of these consequences, instead of showing a long term pattern of approperiate behaviour, like most law abiding people do and have the record to prove it.

This often stems from someones personality. Its often called anti-social personality.

Its never your fault. Its the system right? Everyone just against you.

You can't afford a lawyer, but guns are a priority for you.

How about getting a better job and stable life?

I know, i know, you are trying right? Well, thats not what it looks like on paper to those who matter. Its just your assertion against the proponderence of evidence.

I know because I hear this each and every work day.

At this point, i expect some terse answer about how i don't know you. I don't, but i know your type( you told your story), because people tell me this jazz all day, and when i read their chart, its all BS.

The authorites have read your chart. They are calling you on your BS.

Nice of you to try to convince us of otherwise in an attempt to get support for your plan to get firearms legally.

No money for lawyer, but money for guns.

Right.

Wow... very helpful.

What's next? You gonna spend some time at the suicide help-line and talk people into killing themselves?

You're a pretty miserable person. Sure hope you don't work in a field "helping people", like... mental health or something.

Thanks for stopping by...

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    As said earlier, evertime they ask for you birthday, You get entered into CPIC. They have a system of flags with green being positive contact and red being negative contact. It is better to have more green flags if you want a PAL or even more green flags if you want a RPAL. While it may or may not be right, They do live within their laws when making decisions that could cost any one of us our life. While the charges may have been dropped or even if convicted of a minor charge what if the mafia guy Teflon Don wanted to go legit. That guy had numerous suspicions and charges laid but his lawyer got him off, Hence the name TEFLON. Should he be approved cause they got nothing but suspicion. Even if you attempt suicide and aren't charged but had an interaction from the RCMP you would be denied. Reason being you could be a danger to yourself. If you had such an interaction, YOU are now inadmissible to the USA as they will know. charged or not. One way to legitimately add green flags is to report crimes. Wasn't that long ago I reported a neighbors house being burglarized. And the guy who lives there is in jail for sexual assault. Even told the officer I had misgivings about calling due to his charges but were it me I'd want my stuff preserved. Never know he could be the next TEFLON.
    Whaaaaaat??? I have no idea where you're getting your information, but that was really a fun read.

You mind if I ask what kind of charge this was exactly? I saw you mentioned painkillers, but did not elaborate. I have some old stuff on my record as well(pot possession), that I didn't think would be an issue. My application was received today, maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by challenge View Post
    I was not violent at all during my arrest. I have never been violent, ever. And my references interviews went perfectly. They are my good friends. The officer explained to me exactly why I was being denied, and it is because I have shown repeated non-compliance with the law. Even though I've never been convicted of anything, they see the arrests, and cannot ignore that.

They also see that I have gotten many traffic tickets in my past, (mainly they were all many years ago), and they said "if I can't obey even the simplest of laws (ie: my traffic tickets like speeding, seat belt, expired sticker) then how am I supposed to store and transport a firearm properly?

That's exactly what he said to me. He said collectively, all of my brushes with the law in the past (traffic and criminal) has disqualified me from owning a PAL, even though 90% of my traffic charges were withdrawn in court, and both of my criminal charges were withdrawn in court. I have no convictions for any of this stuff. They're going on the information that's in the police reports and the charges themselves, not the outcomes in court. Like I said I was told by the CFO "we have a saying in this office, just because someone was found not guilty, or their charge was withdrawn, doesn't mean it didn't happen".

The problem is, I don't have the money to fight this, and to pay a firearms lawyer to appeal this decision. I don't even know if that's possible. And they're telling me I will be qualified in 3 years if I apply again, so I'm also worried if I try to fight their decision, that it would take years in court anyway, and could just be a waste of money, whereas if I just be patient and wait 3 years, I will get my PAL.

I just can't believe they're allowed to make their decisions based on charges, rather than the outcomes of those charges in court.
    You seem to have a good handle on the situation, and maybe he made some good points in his explanation to you. You have multiple arrests in the past - and I kind of get the impression he's hinting strongly that with *multiple* past issues - they want to see five years without any further shenanigans.

A cop must have some reasonable belief that laying a charge is warranted when they do - and although that is not a court finding against you, some level of evidence is required for them to do so. So there is some truth to the 'no conviction didn't mean it didn't happen' philosophy he shared with you.

I suppose if you are completely honest with yourself - you already know that inherently.

On the up side, you're not coming across as being all bent out of shape about it and generally being loud and obnoxious.
    Cuz I bet lots of others on here would be crying a river.

When you say your charges were "Withdrawn" Dave, does that mean you did diversion? if so those things stay on your record.. (When I was a youth I got some drug charges, same sounding as you) and at a later date in court (for a different scenario, im not going into detail) they brought up my charges as a youth...(which i thought was taken off the record at 18) So my thinking is that if they could pull up charges that were WITHDRAWN from me as a YOUTH, then they will definately know about your charges. People can be totally different from phone, to e-mail, to real conversation.. Sounds like they just want to double check, and hopefully they wont deny you as long as you present yourself well.

Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by challenge View Post
    I was not violent at all during my arrest. I have never been violent, ever. And my references interviews went perfectly. They are my good friends. The officer explained to me exactly why I was being denied, and it is because I have shown repeated non-compliance with the law. Even though I've never been convicted of anything, they see the arrests, and cannot ignore that.

They also see that I have gotten many traffic tickets in my past, (mainly they were all many years ago), and they said "if I can't obey even the simplest of laws (ie: my traffic tickets like speeding, seat belt, expired sticker) then how am I supposed to store and transport a firearm properly?

That's exactly what he said to me. He said collectively, all of my brushes with the law in the past (traffic and criminal) has disqualified me from owning a PAL, even though 90% of my traffic charges were withdrawn in court, and both of my criminal charges were withdrawn in court. I have no convictions for any of this stuff. They're going on the information that's in the police reports and the charges themselves, not the outcomes in court. Like I said I was told by the CFO "we have a saying in this office, just because someone was found not guilty, or their charge was withdrawn, doesn't mean it didn't happen".

The problem is, I don't have the money to fight this, and to pay a firearms lawyer to appeal this decision. I don't even know if that's possible. And they're telling me I will be qualified in 3 years if I apply again, so I'm also worried if I try to fight their decision, that it would take years in court anyway, and could just be a waste of money, whereas if I just be patient and wait 3 years, I will get my PAL.

I just can't believe they're allowed to make their decisions based on charges, rather than the outcomes of those charges in court.
    Sad for you, but it look like the PAL screening process work finally. They are right, prove them that you can abide the rules and you might get a chance.

Good Luck.
    "Are you silly? I’m still gonna send it..."
    -Larry Enticer

CGN Regular
    It's all about "Time Since"...I've got an assault causing bodily harm on my record and did 3 months inside when I was 18...My lawyer argued at the time that hunting was part of my family culture and got the "no firearm or weapon possession for 5 years" stipulation dropped so I could still go to the hunt camp... 10 years later I was approved for my PAL without much hassle, and I also hold level 2 security clearance...and my driving record looks like I can't "follow simple laws" either...ie $450/month insurance for a minivan...Let it go, give it the 3 years, spend it saving up for better firearms, then try again...letting it take more time only means you can be the guy with a RobArms instead of a bubba'd SKS, or a Stag instead of a Norinco...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Wow... very helpful.

What's next? You gonna spend some time at the suicide help-line and talk people into killing themselves?

You're a pretty miserable person. Sure hope you don't work in a field "helping people", like... mental health or something.

Thanks for stopping by...
    About as helpfull as your comment.
    Someone pass the butter for the opcorn: please
    Buttered Fingers...I mean Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GearaDoga View Post
    That whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing doesn't last long once you take a closer look at our gun laws...

Long story short, each and every member on these boards, and 2 million others, are automatic federal criminals. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Merely possessing a gun is an automatic criminal charge... Unless we keep paying the government for these shiny little licence cards that say it isn't.
    Correct!
    For those who foolishly support licensing, gun ownership is illegal. Unless you can obtain, for payment, a card which temporarily allows you to break the law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQMAT View Post
    Sad for you, but it look like the PAL screening process work finally. They are right, prove them that you can abide the rules and you might get a chance.

Good Luck.
    Agreed that the process worked. Keep your nose clean.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast