Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I dun goofed!!!! :-(

I dun goofed!!!! :-(

So several weeks ago I had my interview with the RCMP...my references called in and completed theirs...then last Friday I got a letter in mail from Ontario CFO stating missing information...turned out I checked off the wrong box re: former conjugal partner even though i filled in all of her information on the form...my ex is a police officer and works the school program mon-fri 8:00-4:00pm and told me even though she tried calling twice for me she can't be on hold for 15-20 minutes waiting to get through...I phoned back and explained this to CFO today and they stated they will send her out a notice....does that mean she will fill out a form and mail it back or will she still have to call the CFO back?? yesterday was 45 days since they recieved my application btw.
    Last edited by milone79; 04-16-2014 at 07:23 AM.

anyone know what I can expect at this point??

I had to do similar stuff bro, What it is, is they want to be sure that she has no concerns with you having a firearm, if you guys are cool and have a good post marriage relationship, or she's honest and say's its cool and says the same to them either to a CFO or in writing you should be cool. I had to go as far as have all of my neighbours sign one, and give contact info to cfo when I lived in Ontario. What you could do if its a timing thing is call the CFO office politely and first explain why she's busy (if she's o.k with, it and is a LEO) and try to arrange a time they can speak to her in person, or a number that she can fax the needed paperwork in to them directly at.

They can help you in that case provided you have no criminal record, and she really has no issue.

So I wouldn't worry at all based on what you said 8)

That and 45 days they are just getting warmed up

thank you so much for the response brother... just when I thought I had crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's lol I did mention that she was LEO on the phone with lady at CFO and that she did try calling twice yesterday and had to hang up because was on hold too long...she said that they (CFO) would be sending her out a notice so if that is simply a letter she fills out and returns? not an issue but if its a notice for her to call them back then I may be right back to square one...my ex and I have no issues and after texting her again today she said she will try calling them again tomorrow (when she is free) but after reading horror stories on here about CFO delays I am worried I may have slipped into the "get to it eventually" pile... :-(
    Last edited by milone79; 04-15-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Then you sir should be golden, I was young and stupid, I needed after I was pardoned (took 8 years) to submit paperwork from every district I had ever lived, both the courts and police dpt's, and that I had no current or past investigations that were not pardoned, I then had to have all my neighbours, and past relationships like you! confirm they were ok with me having a firearm, then they also made me have my doctor state that he felt I was of no threat to myself of the public. It took me over a year to get my pal. (Ontario, GTA)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    They'll (RCMP) try to call the number provided in the application. If they don't use their FULL name on the voicemail, they won't leave a message. They'll simply mail a letter to the person you listed as a reference. Your reference will have to call in to answer the questions.

It's nothing out of the ordinary. I had a letter sent to me from RCMP re: one of my references, because I missed their two phone calls. A simple call back and all was good.

Milone Id say its just a formality at this point, I would start window shopping bro! Congrats 8)

My understanding is if they can not contact her, they still have to notify her that you are being issued a license. Total nonsense if you ask me - my dad had this issues for his x-wife divorced over 25 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by milone79 View Post
    anyone know what I can expect at this point??
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Milone79 I went through very similar to this first hand, just have her speak to the CFO personally, leave a message for him to call her, or provide the proper paperwork even by fax and you will be cool, they will speak to her if she Engages it worst case, you have no worries.

For sure you need to consider a shotgun and a hunting rifle, any considerations so far?

It really is all happy thoughts now!

Hell it sounds like you guys can go shoot sometimes! ( I hate .40's tho so Ill stop there )
    Last edited by Rasp76; 04-15-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    They'll (RCMP) try to call the number provided in the application. If they don't use their FULL name on the voicemail, they won't leave a message. They'll simply mail a letter to the person you listed as a reference. Your reference will have to call in to answer the questions.

It's nothing out of the ordinary. I had a letter sent to me from RCMP re: one of my references, because I missed their two phone calls. A simple call back and all was good.
    but she isn't my reference...my 2 references already did their interviews on the phone weeks ago as did I....this is my former conjugal partner...and its not the RCMP its the Ontario CFO who needs to contact her.
    Last edited by milone79; 04-16-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast