Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms Outlaw, any on the way?

Dominion Arms Outlaw, any on the way?

Any timeline on the next batch of outlaw short barrel S/S shotguns?
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN Regular
    I would like to know this as well.

Thanks

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    late spring ETA

Anyone got any idea where to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by James "TiGGeR" Smith View Post
    Anyone got any idea where to buy one?
    CanadaAmmo IIRC is the only retailer selling them. It's also bad manners to discuss/ask about a competing businesses in a sponsors forum.
    CSSA | CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    CanadaAmmo IIRC is the only retailer selling them. It's also bad manners to discuss/ask about a competing businesses in a sponsors forum.
    Ost had them for a while, considering Canam is the importer of the "Outlaw" could be tolerated to ask where to find it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Canam, any chance of buying a spare stock and stock bolt for my ~2008 vintage Outlaw?
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Canam, any chance of buying a spare stock and stock bolt for my ~2008 vintage Outlaw?
    Or even better get the factory to make aftermarket composite stocks to help cut the weight

CGN frequent flyer
    I am curious if anyone has tried the inserts that allow one to chamber and fire rifle and pistol rounds in these (or any) break-action shotguns. Obviously, the range would be more comparable to the equivalent in a pistol, but still I'd love to know how well they work. It would seem to put a whole new facet on this type of shorty shotgun, if you could load it with actual boolits!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I have a .22 LR and a .357 magnum rifled adaptors, both from Shotgun Bob.

The .22 LR keyholes out a 5-6" group at 25 yards. It does not stabilize the rounds.

The .357 magnum punches nice round holes in a 3-4" group at 25 yards. It does stabilize the rounds.

Overall I think that the .357 magnum adaptor would be useful for 25 yard shooting at larger targets while the .22 LR adaptor is not practically usable for hunting small game.

You can see the adaptors in my case.

The right barrel printed high but centred while the left barrel printed high and way left. The photo below shows the pattern of OO buck at 5 and 15 yards, right barrel on right, left barrel on the left.

I fired a couple of slugs at 25 yards and the poor regulation of the barrels showed.

Then I patterned it at 40 yards with federal #6 upland shot on a 30" wide pattern target.

The right barrel.

The left barrel.

I have added a higher magnetic Truglo bead over the center bead and that has lowered the POI of the right barrel. I have JB welded a Truglo tube to the left of the magnetic bead and that has moved the POI of the left barrel to the right and down. It's very Bubba.

It's great for paint cans and rotten veggies at 7 yards!
    Last edited by geologist; 04-26-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast