Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Made in China for Marstar 'GI Rifle' in a Synthetic Stock"

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by PPCLIGullyPlatoon View Post
    I really don't want to argue the point ad nauseum and I get the math; (1/0.89)(Manufacturer Price + $100.00)=$595.51, understood.

Last I looked, the Canadian Dollar dropped 11% compared to the US Dollar - I get that; but so did the Chinese Yuan compared to the US Dollar --- trading value between Canada and the PRC has not changed that dramatically over the past year.

I am not one to tell someone how to run a business, but, as an importer, I know the typical importation markup is quite often double the "landed cost" ----contracted FOB before the price increase? Perhaps $200, but certainly not more than $300 ---- in either event, I would be asking questions: a) Why the price increase at the factory? b) Would the price increase be supported by the customer?
    YES the Canadian dollar is down 11% against its American counterpart....

Obviously you have not dealt much in the international arms arena, since when do we pay in anything but US dollars and Euros....?

Since you appear to have much better pricing than we have if you can offer thes rifles at $200. I will sign a contract today for 25,000 units

Why the increase at the factory ? Rather simple they had not increased the price in many, many years, they claim increased labor and material cost, since they are the only factory making them we had little choice.

As for our clients supportting the new price, 99% seem to understand....

I await your price offer on these rifles, either FOB or CIF your choice....

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    Don't mess with John! He is a Bull Dog! Well spoken. If I can preorder one of the $200 rifles, put me down for one. Lol!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

If they are $200, put me down for 3. Lol
    KMATDCS

I dont understand the people on CGN sometimes... This site is a firearms sport/enthusiast website. NOT A CHEAP GUNS DISCOUNT WEBSITE!!! As with all hobbies there is a high end and a low end. If you cant afford the high end. Tough. Stop pissing and moaning about it. I cant afford a lot of stuff I want too, but thats life. STOP POSTING ABOUT YOUR FINANCIAL SORROWS HERE!

I remember 400 to 450 last year and now 600! Damn Chinese lol

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    YES the Canadian dollar is down 11% against its American counterpart....

Obviously you have not dealt much in the international arms arena, since when do we pay in anything but US dollars and Euros....?

Since you appear to have much better pricing than we have if you can offer thes rifles at $200. I will sign a contract today for 25,000 units

Why the increase at the factory ? Rather simple they had not increased the price in many, many years, they claim increased labor and material cost, since they are the only factory making them we had little choice.

As for our clients supportting the new price, 99% seem to understand....

I await your price offer on these rifles, either FOB or CIF your choice....

John
    that's odd....

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    As promised some weeks ago I will no longer post or reply to questions on CGN....

It would seem that most would rather see Marstar vanish altogether, sorry to disappoint you....

One of our employees will be taking over for me, be gentle with him he is still innocent....
    John

Firstly, I don't recall saying anything about my involvement in international arms trade, nor is this a pissing contest, nor is it an advertisement for a $200 M305, nor did I suggest that I could perform a better negotiation--------

However, what I am inferring is that faulting the strength of the Canadian Dollar is the only issue with the price increase is not true. I don't dispute that 99% of customers are understanding of the prima facie price increase --- I am, however, suggesting that that customer base has seen a linear reduction by the value vs price point argument alone.

I've seen "overpurchases," and "underpurchases" too ---- and I suspect the current market supports the former, not the latter --- depends on what happens in the next little while determines that outcome.

Maybe CIF with PRC manufacturing would have been a better choice ---- don't know, I didn't do the sit down! But, efforts being a "bulldog" with potential customers is better spent with the manufacturers, no? Just a thought, from a customer service point-of-view. Perhaps you disagree??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Good to see you back in the saddle JOHNONE!!! That has to be one of the shortist retirements in history?

I neglected to mention trade currency. John is right; most negotiations are made in EUR or USD, but it's a relative argument. Whatever equity is determined between the negotiators is, that is what it is! It matters not if the currency being used is African Blood Diamonds, Gold Bullion, or pork bellies-----as long as the equity is reasonable and convertible. Just saying-----

Arguing with customers has always been a "no no" in the business world; invariably, it looks bad, though I wouldn't expect an apology anytime soon LOL!
    Last edited by PPCLIGullyPlatoon; 04-18-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    that's odd....
    In actuality, I'd prefer to see Marstar stay in business! They DO carry a HUGE line of product, and John has made this business profitable. I don't have a personal beef with John or Marstar----and it's not illegal to complain about prices, and yes, I have the option to not make the purchase if I deem the price unsatisfactory --- this is the domain of the informed customer.

Personally, the loss of Marstar would be a huge impact on firearms consumers - that's all I am going to say about that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast