Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Made in China for Marstar 'GI Rifle' in a Synthetic Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by jimenez View Post
    I dont understand the people on CGN sometimes... This site is a firearms sport/enthusiast website. NOT A CHEAP GUNS DISCOUNT WEBSITE!!! As with all hobbies there is a high end and a low end. If you cant afford the high end. Tough. Stop pissing and moaning about it. I cant afford a lot of stuff I want too, but thats life. STOP POSTING ABOUT YOUR FINANCIAL SORROWS HERE!
    Agreed.
    Red Dragons!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    YES the Canadian dollar is down 11% against its American counterpart....

Obviously you have not dealt much in the international arms arena, since when do we pay in anything but US dollars and Euros....?

Since you appear to have much better pricing than we have if you can offer thes rifles at $200. I will sign a contract today for 25,000 units

Why the increase at the factory ? Rather simple they had not increased the price in many, many years, they claim increased labor and material cost, since they are the only factory making them we had little choice.

As for our clients supportting the new price, 99% seem to understand....

I await your price offer on these rifles, either FOB or CIF your choice....

John

Thank goodness you keep bolding everything you write. I would barely be able to read it otherwise...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jimenez View Post
    I dont understand the people on CGN sometimes... This site is a firearms sport/enthusiast website. NOT A CHEAP GUNS DISCOUNT WEBSITE!!! As with all hobbies there is a high end and a low end. If you cant afford the high end. Tough. Stop pissing and moaning about it. I cant afford a lot of stuff I want too, but thats life. STOP POSTING ABOUT YOUR FINANCIAL SORROWS HERE!
    It's a forum for discussion about guns. People are discussing the prices of guns. What's the big deal? If it bothers you sooo much, don't read it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PPCLIGullyPlatoon View Post
    I don't dispute that 99% of customers are understanding of the prima facie price increase --- I am, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by crown
    Objection!
    Quote Originally Posted by judge
    On what grounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by crown
    Um... vague? misleading? weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by judge
    You're right! Objection sustained!
    Huh? I don't understand all this legal mumbo-jumbo...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel1972 View Post
    I bought an M305b from Marstar last November when they were still $429.00, I'm satisfied. And it was stated on their website the price was going up to about $600 bucks come 2014. Don't forget the rifle comes with a case valued at $30 and is actually good quality for the range, just not for planes, two 5/20 round mags, that are worth $35.00 bucks a piece, a cleaning kit which it should anyway and a sling that's functional, but nothing to write home about (I don't use it). $429.00 is what we old schoolers call, days gone by.

Oh...I swapped out the factory springs for chrome/silicon springs I ordered from Brownwells in the U.S. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod25172.aspx

and an operating rod spring guide from M14.ca http://www.m14.ca/M14_M1A_BLACK_ARRROW_ORSG.html
    noted. thanks.

BANNED
    I think $600 is reasonable for an M305. So Marstar's $550, with all the extras they include is a good deal. (my 2 cents)

Quote Originally Posted by PPCLIGullyPlatoon View Post
    A little? 11% decrease in the Canadian Dollar yields a 39.6% in price jump. If gas suddenly jumped 51 cents at the pump, I don't think anyone would characterize that as the "price went up a little" (just saying, LOL!)
    How do you calculate an 11% decrease? I see about a 6% decrease since February CAD-CNY. (Note: I have no dog in this fight, just wanting to figure out where the 11% came from).

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddSandrock View Post
    How do you calculate an 11% decrease? I see about a 6% decrease since February CAD-CNY. (Note: I have no dog in this fight, just wanting to figure out where the 11% came from).
    Last year we bought US dollars with a Canadian dollar worth $1.01 when we bought these rifles we bought US dollars with a Can $ worth only $0.90 that makes an 11% difference....
    John

Got it. it didn't realize you bought Norinco in USD. I thought you bought in Renminbi. Complex ocean you folks swim in and over my head! Cheers.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddSandrock View Post
    Got it. it didn't realize you bought Norinco in USD. I thought you bought in Renminbi. Complex ocean you folks swim in and over my head! Cheers.
    Here is what Renminbi means, in case you 'yuan' to know...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast