Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XCR Keymod Weight

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar

XCR Keymod Weight

I see different weights being posted by people with the rifles but since you have had these rifles in your hands first I figured It would be best to ask directly now that they are shipping out.

Old NR XCR-L 7.62x39 weight and new Keymod 7.62x39 weight with light profile.

Also old NR XCR-M weight and New XCR M Keymod with light barrel weight.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    I see different weights being posted by people with the rifles but since you have had these rifles in your hands first I figured It would be best to ask directly now that they are shipping out.

Old NR XCR-L 7.62x39 weight and new Keymod 7.62x39 weight with light profile.

Also old NR XCR-M weight and New XCR M Keymod with light barrel weight.
    I am away at CALGARY GUN SHOW so can not weigh any rifles until next week. The XCR-L weight differance between light and heavy barrel with and without key mod is 1 1/2 lb but the real differance that most people have not commented on, is the huge improvement in balance .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I am away at CALGARY GUN SHOW so can not weigh any rifles until next week. The XCR-L weight differance between light and heavy barrel with and without key mod is 1 1/2 lb but the real differance that most people have not commented on, is the huge improvement in balance .
    I just recently saw a post where someone said their new keymod L weigs 7.8lbs but that does not seem lighter at all

Balance will make a huge difference for this rifle. I have an older one (no chance to see a new keymod), the thing is very front heavy and makes it feel nearly twice as heavy as it should.
    I just recently saw a post where someone said their new keymod L weigs 7.8lbs but that does not seem lighter at all
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

I held the keymod and it seemed way lighter than the xcr-l I used to own

Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    I held the keymod and it seemed way lighter than the xcr-l I used to own
    We have them here at the Calgary Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Balance will make a huge difference for this rifle. I have an older one (no chance to see a new keymod), the thing is very front heavy and makes it feel nearly twice as heavy as it should.
    I am looking for actual numbers of the rifles on scales. Even the RA website is not helpfull with what sort of weight savings to expect that I can find.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    I am looking for actual numbers of the rifles on scales. Even the RA website is not helpfull with what sort of weight savings to expect that I can find.
    The old XCR-L with heavy barrel is around 8.5lbs empty.
    And you can get all the numbers on the scale, that makes no real difference until you actually try to hold both rifles. They Key mod with light barrel feels at least 1 lb lighter off the front (which makes the key mod rifle a lot lighter in general)
    What?

I stopped in at the gun show and checked them out. I held a Keymod light barrel L and a standard M model... The difference felt substantial in both weight and balance. The keymod feels nice and slim, I like it. I didn't weigh it of course, but it felt very similar to my 6-7 lbs BLR.

If I ever decide to bite the bullet and spend that much on one rifle, I would definitely consider the .308 keymod/light barrel. That would be one sleek unit.

anyone have a chance to put them on the scales?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast