Thread: Slug comparison

Slug comparison

Went to the range today with the intension to compare 3 different slugs. They were all 2 3/4 , challenger , federal and Remy sluggers . This test was performed at 30 meters with my Night Hawk 870. I was blown away with the accuracy from the challengers , I had 1 .5 inch groupings free hand no rest. Federal was second best which for me was still acceptable but I would stay far away from the Remy sluggers. Thanks Kate for bringing these in I must have more.

Good to hear. I have a few cases of these (thanks Ammo Supply!), but haven't been out to try any. Here is hoping the snow FINALLY decides to call it quits for the year...
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    They're all pretty hot loads, but how did the Challengers feel at 1600+? I like the S&B loads, as I can run 100 in a day with no faults. Good for a casual range day?

Quote Originally Posted by MauroUlisse View Post
    Went to the range today with the intension to compare 3 different slugs. They were all 2 3/4 , challenger , federal and Remy sluggers . This test was performed at 30 meters with my Night Hawk 870. I was blown away with the accuracy from the challengers , I had 1 .5 inch groupings free hand no rest. Federal was second best which for me was still acceptable but I would stay far away from the Remy sluggers. Thanks Kate for bringing these in I must have more.
    anyone tested winchester? and how about the new Score slugs?

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth777 View Post
    anyone tested winchester? and how about the new Score slugs?
    I'd be willing to do a comparison between the two if Kate is willing to send some score slugs

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroUlisse View Post
    I'd be willing to do a comparison between the two if Kate is willing to send some score slugs
    I will send you a box for free with your next order for being so cheeky

Expired Business Member
    We have a few people doing comparisons across different brands, I am sure we're waiting for the snow to be gone (BE GONE ALREADY!!) before they get out there!