Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another Beautiful SKS from Westrifle!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    ^^^ Could explain why he wanted pictures of 1949 bayonets, even after importing a ton of them.

From April 11, 2014.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...9-Sks-pictures

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Can people please post 1949 Sks pictures here. Close up of bayonet is important for me.

Al
    As the rifle wasn't as advertised, I would hope there would be some customer service follow up. It was pictured as having a Chinese bayo, but as you said he claimed it was Russian. It most definitely isn't.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Issue resolved.
    Last edited by JimDO; 05-21-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    It is a Tula. Like already said above Izhevsk only made SKS's part of 53 and most of 54. There is no such thing as a 56 Izzy...
    Wrong

Late models had dark red laminate stocks. They are thinner at the grip then refurb laminates and have the fartory stamps on them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Haven't seen that lovely circled triangle stamp yet on this sexy redhead...just sayin'
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

It is a Tula. Like already said above Izhevsk only made SKS's part of 53 and most of 54. There is no such thing as a 56 Izzy...
    Also unrefurb Izzy's would have a hardwood stock not laminate. The laminates didn't come into existence for the SKS till after the Ishevsk stopped production of the SKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsiwy View Post
    Wrong

Late models had dark red laminate stocks. They are thinner at the grip then refurb laminates and have the fartory stamps on them.
    Nope. He is totally right. Kizzy's never came with laminate stocks unless refurbed. Izzys were only made in 53 and 54 before laminates were used.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Izzy. Not Kizzy. I hate how some dealer forums have no edit feature.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Haven't seen that lovely circled triangle stamp yet on this sexy redhead...just sayin'
    Never seen a dark thin laminate on anything other then a late 1956 non refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDO View Post
    The online westrifle pic was very small. Only after i bought it n was awaiting its arrival, did someone from here but on the sks survival website mention that it was or looked like a chinese spike. Too late for me. And Al wont even send me a russian blade bayo to make it look more authentic. I offered this as a simple cheap solution for him but to no avail. He offered a return but when i accepted his return rules.
    , he decided to stop replying to my emails. 2 weeks of attempted negotiation for not.

Re Als post you linked to...he tod me he was going to do that due to my complaint. Guess he was thinking other 1949 owners woud post their pics n hope that one might also have a Chinese spike attached. Looks like this failed. Bit of a scam Id say.
    Jimdo, I am aware of your problem with the bayonet. After seeing your pictures, I can understand your concern.
    If I may address this deficiency,
    I believe Al started that thread to see if there were any variants that looked like yours. Does your bayonet have any markings, or numbers on it? Is there anything that makes you certain it is Chinese besides its colour?
    I will take a closer look at mine, and see if it is marked. Perhaps it is a parade finish?

You can't put a blade bayonet on your 49. The inlet on the stock is different. That is why you didn't get one.
    If I were you, I would get that bayonet reblued.
    Sorry you are not satisfied. These guns came from crates that were deep into an old salt mine in the Ukraine. Hard to imagine how a Chinese bayonet wound up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDO View Post
    The online westrifle pic was very small. Only after i bought it n was awaiting its arrival, did someone from here but on the sks survival website mention that it was or looked like a chinese spike. Too late for me. And Al wont even send me a russian blade bayo to make it look more authentic. I offered this as a simple cheap solution for him but to no avail. He offered a return but when i accepted his return rules.
    , he decided to stop replying to my emails. 2 weeks of attempted negotiation for not.

Re Als post you linked to...he tod me he was going to do that due to my complaint. Guess he was thinking other 1949 owners woud post their pics n hope that one might also have a Chinese spike attached. Looks like this failed. Bit of a scam Id say.
    "He offered a return but when i accepted his return rules"
    What is the Return Policy? What was so unfavourable to you?

Since genuine 1949 spike bayonets are unobtanium, that would seem to have been the best approach. A 1949 SKS minus bayonet will be a hard sell...........
    Andy

Since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    Jimdo, I am aware of your problem with the bayonet. After seeing your pictures, I can understand your concern.
    If I may address this deficiency,
    I believe Al started that thread to see if there were any variants that looked like yours. Does your bayonet have any markings, or numbers on it? Is there anything that makes you certain it is Chinese besides its colour?
    I will take a closer look at mine, and see if it is marked. Perhaps it is a parade finish?

You can't put a blade bayonet on your 49. The inlet on the stock is different. That is why you didn't get one.
    If I were you, I would get that bayonet reblued.
    Sorry you are not satisfied. These guns came from crates that were deep into an old salt mine in the Ukraine. Hard to imagine how a Chinese bayonet wound up there.
    3 sided spikes are Chinese. 4 sided spikes are russian. The spike pictured is three sided, and is longer than the russian meaning it is Chinese. Reblued? It was never blued to begin with.

How did it get on there? Well that is bubba'd work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast