Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another Beautiful SKS from Westrifle!

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Letter series. Reverse N is 1957. K is 1958 and A is 56. At least that is the latest rumours. The letter series dating matches the dating for Makarov pistols.
    I believe you must have gotten your info from YOOPER JOHNS web site. TULA stopped sks production in 1956....... the crilliac A and REVERSED N are 1955/56. K after ser# is accepted as being East German. other Russian firearms produced AFTER 1956 had the crilliac N and A stamped on them,hence the confussion about a 1957/8 SKS . hope this helps. the sks you posted is a 1956 model.
    Remember the SALMON ARM SALUTE at least P.E.T. was not a cry-baby like his kid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    I believe you must have gotten your info from YOOPER JOHNS web site. TULA stopped sks production in 1956....... the crilliac A and REVERSED N are 1955/56. K after ser# is accepted as being East German. other Russian firearms produced AFTER 1956 had the crilliac N and A stamped on them,hence the confussion about a 1957/8 SKS . hope this helps. the sks you posted is a 1956 model.
    Yes, the classic argument is that Russia stopped production of the SKS45 in 56.

The new debate is that they continued to assemble SKS45 from existing parts in 56, 57, and 58.

The East German "K" reference you mention is a new one to me.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

And the only East German rifles I've seen are the ones made there, and the DDR stamped Russian types, with the serial number stamped on the handguard, and the serial number on the stock being rotated 90 degrees clockwise.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    3 sided spikes are Chinese. 4 sided spikes are russian. The spike pictured is three sided, and is longer than the russian meaning it is Chinese. Reblued? It was never blued to begin with.

How did it get on there? Well that is bubba'd work.
    Yes very suspicious. I saw it when it was posted for sale and knew it was a Chinese bayo. When the fellow who bought it talked about it on the SKS Boards site I indicated it looked like a Chinese bayo. How a Chinese bayo got on a 49 is suspicious indeed. It should have never been sold as a 49 without declaring the fact that it had a three sided spike bayo not the cruciform (4 sided) Russian spike bayo. Or at least at a reduced price point.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Issue resolved.
    Last edited by JimDO; 05-21-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    So....someone was missing an authentic Russian spike bayo for their primo 1949 Tula, removed it and it was fitted with a Chinese one to disguise it. Or the Chinese one was attached later when it was noticed missing.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Either way, I paid over $500 with tax for my 49. How much was the one in question?
    $425?

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    Either way, I paid over $500 with tax for my 49. How much was the one in question?
    $425?
    $450 was the 49 with the Chinese spike. Plus tax.

So, it was marked down, there were several pictures of the rifle on the site. I understand it was the last 49 he had, and likely the last one we will see again. He couldn't swap it for another one.

Didn't he offer you a refund if you sent it back?
    ..and what does this have to do with my latest great experience buying a rifle from them?

Issue has been resolved amicably.
    Last edited by JimDO; 05-21-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast