Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Burnt Bronze Cerakote AR-15. Another fantastic coating job by SSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Galt Sportsmens Club
    Here's a screen grab of the muzzle blast
    HOLY SH!T!!!!! she's a real fire-breather , boy that's awesome!

Cool thx, looks like a nice place. I might have to check it out...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    BAM! Sick flame.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Wow that looks so good.. I was thinking about Cerakoting my NEA build burnt bronze and now I know I will for sure!

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelectShootingSupplies View Post
    This was our first Cerakote project, I have 30 colours arriving this week and need to up date the web site.

We will continue to offer KG Gunkote as well, both have different strengths.
    Nice ! Are you a factory certified Cerakote applicator or just doing it on your own ?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Nice ! Are you a factory certified Cerakote applicator or just doing it on your own ?
    We are not factory certified, we are certified for KG Guncoat which we have been applying for the past 13 months.

We are considering getting certified for Cerakote but between the travel cost and the course cost it is about $4,500 and all we get for that investment is a listing on their web site. We would have to coat a lot of firearms to recover that investment.

We already have thousands invested in the equipment to do the work and have almost $2,000 invested in coating products that we keep in stock so we are not opposed to investing in this service but just don't see the immediate value in their certification program. We would rather spend that money on a larger bake oven so that we can do larger projects.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectShootingSupplies View Post
    We are not factory certified, we are certified for KG Guncoat which we have been applying for the past 13 months.

We are considering getting certified for Cerakote but between the travel cost and the course cost it is about $4,500 and all we get for that investment is a listing on their web site. We would have to coat a lot of firearms to recover that investment.

We already have thousands invested in the equipment to do the work and have almost $2,000 invested in coating products that we keep in stock so we are not opposed to investing in this service but just don't see the immediate value in their certification program. We would rather spend that money on a larger bake oven so that we can do larger projects.
    Quality of work and not certification is what counts.

Request for a quote incoming from me
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Very nice touch, in fact it is down right inspiring. I am gonna consider this coating for my AR Build

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post

No, but he did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gcdavidson's Avatar
    That looks incredible!

For SSS - how are you going to decide what colours to stock? Cerkote's got around 100 colours...selection overload

Runningfool...It looks better up close and in person, what a "BEAUTY". I like all my stuff BLACK, but I might be talked into something different.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast