Thread: ATT Question

ATT Question

Hi There;

I am a member at the Silverdale Club and at the Barrie Gun Club. I do not currently have any ATT at this time but I will need to request one as I would like to pick up a Hand Gun eventually. I say eventually because I am aware of the time it will take to get an ATT...6 to 8 weeks. Is this still the case nowadays?

If request Silverdale to get me an ATT as it is my primary club, would I need a short term ATT when making a purchase at Lanz?

Thanks
    David
    Vegetables aren't food...food eats vegtables

CFO will not issue an ATT if you do not own a Restricted Firearm. As a transfer is initiated when you purchase a rstricted firearm for a dealer, they usually request a STATT. This will allow you to pick-up the firearm from the store to your registered address. I am not sure of the 6-8 weeks waiting time for an ATT requested by your home club. AFAIK, when our club secretary requests an ATT for a new member, 1 week the most, it will be emailed directly.

EDIT: "As a transfer is initiated when you purchase a restricted firearm from a dealer, they usually request a STATT. This will allow you to pick-up the firearm from the store to your registered address. I am not sure of the 6-8 weeks waiting time for an ATT requested by your home club. AFAIK, when our club secretary requests an ATT for a new member, 1 week the most, few times same day and it will be emailed directly (when possible) to the club official authorized to deal with CFO."

Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    CFO will not issue an ATT if you do not own a Restricted Firearm. As a transfer is initiated when you purchase a rstricted firearm for a dealer, they usually request a STATT. This will allow you to pick-up the firearm from the store to your registered address. I am not sure of the 6-8 weeks waiting time for an ATT requested by your home club. AFAIK, when our club secretary requests an ATT for a new member, 1 week the most, it will be emailed directly.

Silverdale will require you to take their club level safety course, followed by a series of 'probationary shoots' before they will give you your ATT.

That said, they applied for mine right after I passed the course and had it waiting for me by the time I finished the probe shoots.

The course tends to book up months in advance and you can only do one probe shoot per visit, so depending on how far away you are from the range and how often you can visit, the whole process could take quite a bit longer than 6-8 weeks.

As long as you have an (R)PAL, you can buy a restricted firearm and the dealer will get you a STATT to get it to your safe... You just can't go anywhere with it until you have your ATT.

You can also order your restricted online and have it shipped to your house by Canada Post.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by datre200 View Post
    Hi There;

I am a member at the Silverdale Club and at the Barrie Gun Club. I do not currently have any ATT at this time but I will need to request one as I would like to pick up a Hand Gun eventually. I say eventually because I am aware of the time it will take to get an ATT...6 to 8 weeks. Is this still the case nowadays?

If request Silverdale to get me an ATT as it is my primary club, would I need a short term ATT when making a purchase at Lanz?

Thanks
    David
    When you purchase your firearm we will apply for short term ATT so you can take it him. You will need to take the club level safety course with Silverdale. You need to have a handgun in your name in order to get a long term ATT. If you have any questions please feel free to call.

Sara