Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member non Canadian Member in need of Canadian Advice!

New member non Canadian Member in need of Canadian Advice!

Hi Folks. I live on the east coast of Ireland. I do pretty much every kind of hunting there is to do over here, but deer hunting is my main area of interest.

I'm going to be in Canada in two weeks time and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys that my google searching couldn't give me. I'll be travelling from Calgary to Vancouver by road, taking the scenic route through Banff, Jasper etc. My trip ends in Toronto.

I am really hoping to take advantage of the exchange rate and gererally lower prices in Canada and I'm in search of a Nightforce scope amongst other things. So, I'm in need of help in relation to descent hunting / guns stores along my way.

Also, I assume you don't need an export licence to take a scope out of Canada like you do in the US?
    And finally, as I go to Toronto via the US, I'd prefer to get my scope in the Toronto area to avoid US export problems.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

BANNED
    Hello and welcome to the forums

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    Hi and welcome to CGN! ....sorry I can not help you as I am from the East but I am sure some of our West coast members can give you some good insight. Enjoy your stay in Canada!

Life is short, make the most of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miaugi View Post
    Hi and welcome to CGN! ....sorry I can not help you as I am from the East but I am sure some of our West coast members can give you some good insight. Enjoy your stay in Canada!
    Thanks! Eastern advise is actually more what I'm after! I'll be finishing up in Toronto and I don't want to buy in the West as I'll be in Alaska & Washington in the middle of the trip so I don't want to bring into the states what I cannot bring back out again... I'll be in Toronto and I'll be travelling to Niagra too.

Hello!

Look up Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply in Calgary. They are a NF dealer and are on here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    I know Target Sports Canada carries Nightforce products, they are not too far north of the city. Perhaps give them a call or email to see if they can get what you are looking for ahead of time.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Welcome to CGN. Hope you enjoy your trip to Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yogi05's Avatar
    Welcome. Check the sponsors at the top of this page and see who carries what you're looking for, then check their locations. If you're ending in Toronto you'll want Ontario stores.

You might start looking at Ellwood Epps (not sure if they carry what you're after, but a larger retailer with good stock and in Ontario not far from Toronto)

Can't help with the export info, sorry.

If you have an address near the end of your trip like a friend you're stopping to see, is buying and having something mailed to that address for pickup an option??
    You can keep your MP3 and your MP4.....
    I want an MP5 !

Our legal system - guilty until rendered bankrupt

Hello & welcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast