Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Supplies at AmmoSupply.ca

CGN Regular
    Just received the bucket today..... Question: What qualifies as an emergency??? I opened it and they all look good...... there may be nothing left by the time "The big one hits" (yes, I am on Vancouver Island.......)

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick.flhx View Post
    Just received the bucket today..... Question: What qualifies as an emergency??? I opened it and they all look good...... there may be nothing left by the time "The big one hits" (yes, I am on Vancouver Island.......)
    Well... being hungry qualifies! And, after all, in an emergency, you'd want to know how to prepare them... I'm sorry - am I helping here?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    Well... being hungry qualifies! And, after all, in an emergency, you'd want to know how to prepare them... I'm sorry - am I helping here?
    yeah.... thanks.... :D .... may have to buy a new bucket before the month is over.....:D:D:D

Expired Business Member
    yeah.... thanks.... :D .... may have to buy a new bucket before the month is over.....:D:D:D
    We will be getting 360 serving kits in a couple of weeks! You can trade up next time

CGN Regular
    1500 :-)

Expired Business Member
    1500 :-)
    I did have a chuckle...

Expired Business Member
    We are sold out of a few Emergency Food items, which will be back in stock in 2-3 weeks. We will also be getting in 360 serving packs which will be $829.99 including shipping. If anyone would like notification when these are back in, please let me know!

We still have 72-hour (32 serving) emergency buckets for $87.95 and 120 Servings Gluten Free buckets for $374.95. We also have coffee buckets and buckets of sides.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    If someone does decide to be little piggies and dig in they should post pictures of what the entrees look like.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    If someone does decide to be little piggies and dig in they should post pictures of what the entrees look like.
    I don't think anyone in my house will object if I do I'll try to do some this week.

Expired Business Member
    We have just had a new Emergency Food shipment from Legacy Premium! Here's what we have in stock:

Combos (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner):
    60 Serving Bucket - $164.95
    240 Serving Package - $564.95
    360 Serving Package - $829.95

Entrees:
    120 Serving Entree Bucket - $324.95

Gluten Free:
    60 Serving Gluten Free Bucket - $209.95
    120 Serving Gluten Free Combo Bucket - $374.95

Other:
    24 Serving Assorted Sides Sample Pack - $39.95
    60 Servings Assorted Sides - $134.95
    360 Servings Coffee with French Press - $189.95
    32 Serving 72-hour Emergency Food Kit - $87.95

In the past week, I have made Pasta Alfredo, Pasta Primavera and Oatmeal. The pasta entrees made 7 cups of food for the full 4 servings in a single mylar packet. To me, a single serving made for a generous adult portion or two children's portions - of course, everyone's idea of a portion is different! The pasta tasted really good. It took about 20 minutes to cook - I followed the directions on the back of the packet and it turned out great. I didn't take photos because they actually looked like they did in the pictures on the website. Here's a picture of the Pasta Primavera:

I found the leftover pasta reheated really well (great for taking lunch into work) and it was an enjoyable meal. I'd highly recommend these for camping, hunting trips etc. Most importantly, quality food in an emergency is vital for providing energy and a positive outlook. I tried an MRE on the weekend and while I love the dessert, I really struggle to stomach the entree. MRE's most certainly have an important place, but not high up in my choice of what to eat. A few years back, I bought a bucket of emergency food by another brand, as I am a closet prepper (ok, out of the closet now), and thought it seemed like a great idea. In short, the quality of taste in the entrees fell far below expectations. I guess in an emergency, it's what I'd hand to my neighbors (sorry neighbors!)
    Last edited by AmmoSupply Kate; 05-26-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast