Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QBB 97 Light Support Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    In all honesty, I can almost guarantee that NS will not bring this in. It is kind of redundent, and very few would actually buy one if it did land.

In my opinion the only way you are going to get one in canada is take the T97NSR and to the "necessary" mods to make it a clone much the same as people do with HK SL8's and USC's.
    My opinion as well. It's just not "unique" enough, and would probably struggle to gain a hold in the market, especially if introduced at a price higher than the T97.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    My opinion as well. It's just not "unique" enough, and would probably struggle to gain a hold in the market, especially if introduced at a price higher than the T97.
    Depending on how the barrel is pinned to the body, perhaps they could bring in conversion kits as a compromise. Barrel, bipod, the handguards, fire selector, and the pinned drums. No FRT required, no need to bring in huge shipments. Fitting them at request if they have the tools, again, depending how it's pinned onto the body, I know a few people who'd definitely buy it. Bringing in just kits might be good for testing the water, and if there is actually enough demand for the kits, they could consider bringing in the LSW as a standalone unit later.
    Last edited by Cifyra; 04-29-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Hi.
    我也是中國人...
    But seriously...
    I don't think you know what LSW and QBB implies with the RCMP
    5.8 family was developed in the 80s not 95. 95 is when they first commissioned it to show off for the reclaiming of Hong Kong in 97. Which is why I'm here in this lovely country of Canada.

I have had first hand experience** with both the type 97 and QBU-88 in 5.8mm.

If you want it to look like a support weapon, buy a type 97 and dress it up like I said before.
    Not sure how you'll be able to find the barrel for it. Last I check, the heavy barrel is only sold to Cambodia military groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    Sorry, but you're incorrect.

QBZ means Assault Rifle
    QBB means Light Machine Gun
    95 means 1995, when they started producing the 5.8mm weapon family for use by the Chinese Armed Forces
    97 means 1997, when they started producing the 5.56mm weapon family based on the 1995 family for foreign buyers

QBB 97 LSW therefore uses the 5.56mm

Second, QBB has a different lower handguard, upper handguard, and also barrel assembly+bipod compared to the QBZ. It's not just "an extended heavy barrel" as you claim.

Delete
    Last edited by 00aught; 04-29-2014 at 06:52 PM.

BANNED
    Here's a picture of SU16Shooter...

:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'd love to get my hands on a rifle in 5.8 (and ammo too!) it seems from reports to be a very effective round.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SU16shooter View Post
    Hi.
    我也是中國人...
    But seriously...
    I don't think you know what LSW and QBB implies with the RCMP
    5.8 family was developed in the 80s not 95. 95 is when they first commissioned it to show off for the reclaiming of Hong Kong in 97. Which is why I'm here in this lovely country of Canada.

I have had first hand experience** with both the type 97 and QBU-88 in 5.8mm.

If you want it to look like a support weapon, buy a type 97 and dress it up like I said before.
    Not sure how you'll be able to find the barrel for it. Last I check, the heavy barrel is only sold to Cambodia military groups.
    Ah, so you're one of those Hong Kongers who came to Canada prior to the handover. My parents came for different reasons. Anyways, you are correct, they developed the 5.8mm first, using the Type 87. 1995 is when they started producing the 5.8mm weapon family for use by the Chinese Armed Forces, but they have been using it in Type 88 before, designed with Israeli help.

As for how I'll be able to find the barrel, handguards, fire selector, and bipod for it, it all depends on whether North Sylva is willing to import them.

I would definitely be interest but if would have to be priced right like maximum $1500. I like the idea of selling the parts for it and using the t97nsr as the base.

CGN Regular

Another picture

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qhaaPW0vKuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> I hope this came through?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast