Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QBB 97 Light Support Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    I really like the look of that 'sniper rifle'.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sorry I quess not. It is a PLA training video for recruits on how to transition from carrying rifle on the back with sling to the ready position. The style and shape of the gun allows this. Try to do that with a M4?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Sorry I quess not. It is a PLA training video for recruits on how to transition from carrying rifle on the back with sling to the ready position. The style and shape of the gun allows this. Try to do that with a M4?

This video? Nice find~

Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    I really like the look of that 'sniper rifle'.
    Tactical Imports brought them in at $3000 apiece, only comes with 3 mags pinned to 5 rounds and no way of buying more. If there's some way we can convince them to make one that takes STANAG and lower the price, I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes. I heard it shoots sub MoA with match ammunition but I've never seen any videos of it in action or photos of target papers so take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Cifyra; 04-30-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Tactical Imports brought them in at $3000 apiece, only comes with 3 mags pinned to 5 rounds and no way of buying more. If there's some way we can convince them to make one that takes STANAG and lower the price, I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes. I heard it shoots sub MoA with match ammunition but I've never seen any videos of it in action or photos of target papers so take it with a grain of salt.
    Ah yes, I remember seeing those rifles on Tactical Imports website. A STANAG magwell would be necessary for this rifles to sell here but they look much nicer than the currently available Type 97 rifle. Drop the optic and use a 18.5" barrel and you would be good to go.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    Ah yes, I remember seeing those rifles on Tactical Imports website. A STANAG magwell would be necessary for this rifles to sell here but they look much nicer than the currently available Type 97 rifle. Drop the optic and use a 18.5" barrel and you would be good to go.
    Theoretically making a STANAG variant of the QBU 88 with shorter barrel and looser tolerance to be sold at a cheaper price is possible. However, two things need to happen first: First, they would need to design an upgraded variant of the QBU 88-1 for use with their military, so safety selector on the pistol grip, bolt release behind the mag, hopefully uses the same banana mags as the QBZ assault rifles. Second, they would need to finish designing & starting production of the export variant in the form of KBU 97-1 that uses STANAG. Once that's done it's only a matter of how much of a reduction in price could we get if we didn't care about sub-MoA accuracy or the scope. Judging by the fact that they haven't even finished prototyping the QBZ 97-1, nor have they made an upgraded QBU-88 yet, I doubt it'll be possible anytime soon.

Still, the QBZ 95-1 looks mighty proper. Looks way better than the original QBZ 95 while keeping a unique silhouette. Bullpups shouldn't all look like a Kel-Tec RFB/RDB/Microtech MDR/Railed Bushmaster M17S/MSBS Radon/STK BMCR. I await the arrival of the Type 97-1 NSR.

Edit: Actually another thing that would preclude a QBU 88-1 is the accuracy of the QBB 95-1. In the US Marine Corps, the M27 IAR was found to be a great squad automatic weapon on full auto, but also a great DMR on semi-auto. If the same is true with the QBB 95-1, they might eschew the QBU platform altogether, using the QBB as a DMR and a separate bolt action for dedicated sniping. In that case, the best you could hope for would be a QBZ 97-1 in a body that mimics the QBU 88. Maybe a job for the M14.ca guys?
    Last edited by Cifyra; 04-30-2014 at 03:02 AM.

I really don't think you're getting the idea of what I'm trying to say...

Your original request is to get the QBB or LSW version in 5.56/.223 which I said the RCMP would not really go for.
    I suggest parts or upgrade to make it look like the QBB/LSW - which could be imported (if NS wants to chime in) - to begin with but you didn't acknowledge the idea till later
    I have shot the type 88, it is not called a "sniper", when I was taught my chief says the internals are different and if it needs work it would have to be sent to a different dept.
    I have shot the new type 97 NSR, it is already accurate if you practice some marksmanship.
    If you want to dress it up like an AR-15, you are in a world of pain and would likely be hard-pressed to find parts
    Btw, a Type 97 "Sniper" which is true to its name 九七式狙撃銃 is a Japanese rifle.
    Type 88/KBU-97(import)'s action is different.
    And please don't call it a "Banana mag"

Ah, so you're one of those Hong Kongers who came to Canada prior to the handover. My parents came for different reasons. Anyways, you are correct, they developed the 5.8mm first, using the Type 87. 1995 is when they started producing the 5.8mm weapon family for use by the Chinese Armed Forces, but they have been using it in Type 88 before, designed with Israeli help.
    - should stop assuming

Another picture
    -Read what a real "type 97 sniper rifle" is

Unless you've shot the rifles in a Chinese army base, you didn't shoot the "88 DMR". What you most likely shot was the KBU-97 rifle, the 5.56 variant of the QBU-88.

*Is Chinese and knows the Chinese government & military inside and out*
    - Should not assume

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SU16shooter View Post
    I really don't think you're getting the idea of what I'm trying to say...

Your original request is to get the QBB or LSW version in 5.56/.223 which I said the RCMP would not really go for.
    I suggest parts or upgrade to make it look like the QBB/LSW - which could be imported (if NS wants to chime in) - to begin with but you didn't acknowledge the idea till later
    I have shot the type 88, it is not called a "sniper", when I was taught my chief says the internals are different and if it needs work it would have to be sent to a different dept.
    I have shot the new type 97 NSR, it is already accurate if you practice some marksmanship.
    If you want to dress it up like an AR-15, you are in a world of pain and would likely be hard-pressed to find parts
    Btw, a Type 97 "Sniper" which is true to its name 九七式狙撃銃 is a Japanese rifle.
    Type 88/KBU-97(import)'s action is different.
    And please don't call it a "Banana mag"

- should stop assuming

-Read what a real "type 97 sniper rifle" is

- Should not assume
    SU16shooter, for someone who allegedly shot the QBU-88 in 5.8mm, and I have many friends who were invited to the military range in Guangdong and paid to shoot it, not a big deal, you seem to keep on putting forward incorrect information.

1. It's "sniper rifle", not "sniper". A pilot pilots a plane, a sniper shoots sniper rifles. A pilot does not fly his pilot anymore than a sniper shoots his sniper.
    2. The Japanese, Taiwanese, and Korean "Type XX" weapons have no bearing on what the Chinese names them. The Japanese Arisaka has no relevance to this discussion.
    3. The CHINESE Type 97 sniper rifle, the KBU97A in 5.56mm, is very real.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807300...arms/qbu88.asp Incorrectly stated the export version is called QBU 97 but still, 97.
    http://defenseupdates.########.ca/20...esignated.html Correctly stated the export version as KBU 97
    http://everything-airsoft.com/blog/w...97sniper12.jpg Notice it says 97 on it. Even the airsoft maker, Real Sword, whose factory used to make real guns for the Chinese army called it the KBU97
    So no I did not invent the term.
    4. I call all curved boxed magazines banana magazines. Unlike your use of "sniper", it is actually acceptable usage.
    5. He just told us he left Hong Kong prior to the 1997 handover. I'm not assuming, but I doubt you could actually comprehend what he wrote.
    6. People have brought in belt fed .50 semi automatic guns based on heavy machine guns into Canada non-restricted before. Call it the Light Modern Sporting Rifle LMSR or Modern Individual Sporting Rifle MISR for all I care, it changes nothing.

Please, if you are going to spread misinformation, don't do it to hijack the thread.
    Last edited by Cifyra; 04-30-2014 at 11:58 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

This video? Nice find~

Yes that video . Thanks for helping me out. Just got my new batch T97NSR today. I read that the 10 round mags don't drop freely?? I tried 2 and both drop right out on my new gun!

Hi again,

I've tried to stay on topic. Just telling you that I got all my info from my officer at the time, can't get more accurate than that. (To my knowledge.)

We have somehow started talking about the QUB-88?? Which is now no longer on track with your original post.

to replay to your #
    1: You keep calling it a "sniper rifle", but it is not the QBU-88's intended function. - sorry my grammar is bad, English is my 2nd language, I admit my mistake at calling it a "sniper" - noun which could suggest an object . Where in 廣東? An air base? The training range for the QBU-88 was in 柳州
    2: To quote your poster/picture, QBU-88/(KBU-97A as you call it) is named Designated Marksman Rifle/Sniper. There was NEVER a designation for the export/import rifle named "Type 97 5.56mm Sniper rifle" nor does that picture fit with a Type 97 design as the QBU-88 action is different than the regular Type 95/97 and the only TYPE 97 SNIPER RIFLE that was even close to it was a Japanese WW2 bolt action rifle.
    3: Chinese QBU-88 Variant in 5.56mm does exist, when it was exported to Cambodia it was called KBU-97(a?)
    1st link http://web.archive.org/web/200807300...arms/qbu88.aspThere's no "QBU 97" you're right, [do you really trust a source that couldn't get the basic model name right but not trust another random internet source on CGN] and it is not a (Type) 97 due to specification differences
    http://defenseupdates.########.ca/20...esignated.html2nd Link... I know for a fact is INCORRECT because my officer told me that the QBU-88 share the same caliber but NOT, and I stress, QBU-88 DOES NOT SHARE THE SAME AMMUNITION as the QBZ-95. Again, you're trusting your info base on research done by some other sources rather than hearing it straight from someone who's handled it and have had training on it.
    and the 3rd link http://everything-airsoft.com/blog/w...97sniper12.jpg had me laughing my ass off. You know that it is Japanese writing right? If you don't know, then doesn't that make your claim of being "Chinese" but not being able to read "Chinese" a little... umm... yeah.
    And for the love of... I don't know... have you done your research into this "Real Sword" Company? This AirSoft company have NEVER made a "real/functional" firearm, EVER! RealSword is a Japanese expensive hobby company that have establish a factory in China with a Warehouse/store in Hong Kong. That's where they ship their stuff from.
    4. Curved magazine... yes you can call them Banana mags, much like how others call it a clip. It's your personal preference that's for sure. sorry, my English is not my strongest selling point.
    5. Yes I escaped communism which could have gotten me a bullet to my head. I think that's logical.
    6. Yes, people have purchased belt-fed .50 semi automatic guns to be classified as non-restricted, but you want it at the price range within the $1000 zone. Last I heard from someone, a re-make(?) of the browning M1919 belt-fed .30-06 and /.308 in semi configuration could be had in Canada as well but I know for a fact that it is not within the $1000 range.

In one of your previous post, you mentioned a M27 IAR then some bullpup type design rifles along with kel-tec and prototype designs from bushmaster... you either just google some bullpup design rifle then slapped it together with some video game logic or you just compared some really unrealistic info with some more unrealistic info.
    Have you shot from and HKMR223? a $5000 rifle? the MR223 is the civi version of the HK416 (military), nobody calls it the M27 IAR unless you're sitting behind a desk with the Navy Seal's seal of approval. - If you do have the Navy Seal's Seal of Approval, then Sir I salute you.

I'm really just trying to give you the info. Sorry to force feed it into you.

Buy a Type 97, dress it up, work on your marksmanship, and you can have the same bragging rights as everyone else who's committed the time to a certain firearm.

SU16shooter, for someone who allegedly shot the QBU-88 in 5.8mm, and I have many friends who were invited to the military range in Guangdong and paid to shoot it, not a big deal, you seem to keep on putting forward incorrect information.

1. It's "sniper rifle", not "sniper". A pilot pilots a plane, a sniper shoots sniper rifles. A pilot does not fly his pilot anymore than a sniper shoots his sniper.
    2. The Japanese, Taiwanese, and Korean "Type XX" weapons have no bearing on what the Chinese names them. The Japanese Arisaka has no relevance to this discussion.
    3. The CHINESE Type 97 sniper rifle, the KBU97A in 5.56mm, is very real.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807300...arms/qbu88.asp Incorrectly stated the export version is called QBU 97 but still, 97.
    http://defenseupdates.########.ca/20...esignated.html Correctly stated the export version as KBU 97
    http://everything-airsoft.com/blog/w...97sniper12.jpg Notice it says 97 on it. Even the airsoft maker, Real Sword, whose factory used to make real guns for the Chinese army called it the KBU97
    So no I did not invent the term.
    4. I call all curved boxed magazines banana magazines. Unlike your use of "sniper", it is actually acceptable usage.
    5. He just told us he left Hong Kong prior to the 1997 handover. I'm not assuming, but I doubt you could actually comprehend what he wrote.
    6. People have brought in belt fed .50 semi automatic guns based on heavy machine guns into Canada non-restricted before. Call it the Light Modern Sporting Rifle LMSR or Modern Individual Sporting Rifle MISR for all I care, it changes nothing.

Please, if you are going to spread misinformation, don't do it to hijack the thread.

CGN Regular
    sorry my grammar is bad, English is my 2nd language
    I think this is where half your misunderstanding comes from. See, I was raised and schooled in Hong Kong, but I actually paid attention during English classes. So I'll try to clear some things up for you.
    1. The Russian and Chinese armies didn't make a distinction between snipers and designated marksmen until very recently. Until very recently they called both roles by the same name.

There was NEVER a designation for the export/import rifle named "Type 97 5.56mm Sniper rifle"
    when it was exported to Cambodia it was called KBU-97(a?)
    I'm not sure why you're contradicting yourself... QBZ 95 is also known as the Type 95. The QBZ 56C carbine based on the AK47 is also called the Type 56C. So colloquially it would have been known as a Type 97 sniper rifle. So which is it? Never a Type 97 Sniper Rifle? Or there WAS a Type 97 sniper rifle called KBU-97A? You can't choose both.
    3. The QBU-88 can chamber and fire the QBZ 95 ammunition. The only difference between the two rounds is weight, and how much steel is inside of it. The QBU-88 have tighter rifling required to stabilize the heavier 5.8mm, whereas the QBZ 95 does not. You could still shoot the QBU-88, QJY-88, or QBB-95 ammunition out of the QBZ 95, but this is considered unsafe and will yield poor performance. This all changed when the QBZ 95-1 came out, as both could fire the "heavy" 5.8mm.
    3a. Real Sword is actually a Hong Kong company who bought the Chinese factory that used to make real firearms for the Chinese army. Don't believe me? email them yourself and ask.
    service@realsword.com.hk
    4. No, you can't call it a clip. A clip is used to charge a magazine. Banana refers to the shape of the magazine, and people call the AR15 STANAG as a "straight magazine" vs the AK47's "banana magazine".
    5. I won't ask you what you did there you had to escape the country to avoid a bullet to the head. I stayed in Hong Kong past the 1997 handover and everybody I know there are perfectly fine.
    6. When did I say I wanted it under $1000?
    7. Ok I don't even know what you are trying to get at here. I think your lack of English comprehension is the cause of your misunderstanding.

I'm really just trying to give you the info. Sorry to force feed it into you. But I know you don't speak English very well, so depending on where you are in Canada, I may be able to recommend some English tutors to you.

Cheers!

Edit:
    5. I won't ask you what you did there you had to escape the country to avoid a bullet to the head. I stayed in Hong Kong past the 1997 handover and everybody I know there are perfectly fine.
    Wait a minute...
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Here's a picture of SU16Shooter...

:
    It all makes sense now!

(Sorry, couldn't resist :D)
    Last edited by Cifyra; 05-01-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast