Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QBB 97 Light Support Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    7. Ok I don't even know what you are trying to get at here. I think your lack of English comprehension is the cause of your misunderstanding.

I'm really just trying to give you the info. Sorry to force feed it into you. But I know you don't speak English very well, so depending on where you are in Canada, I may be able to recommend some English tutors to you.

Cheers!
    And right here my friend you turned an informative discussion into something showing your ignorance. You could have easily made your point without making fun of his English but you did so and for that shame on you.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    And right here my friend you turned an informative discussion into something showing your ignorance. You could have easily made your point without making fun of his English but you did so and for that shame on you.
    No, I genuinely do not understand what he was trying to say. He started accusing me of, well, it seems like he's saying I play video games, and that's... bad? If you understand what he was trying to say by all means, let me know what he was trying to say. At any rate, I know a few English tutors in Ottawa and the GTA, and that's how I got to where I am today. I'd appreciate it if you don't assume everything I say involves me making fun of him.

Hi Cifyra,

Let's entertain the notion that my English is as horrible as it sounds and I don't have a good grasp on it. Point has been established, but I am not sure how good your Chinese is to grasp my understanding to reflect your ideals.

to reply again to this next post of #s

1: I don't know about Russians, I can only speak for what I know to be facts.
    Chinese military's translation of "Sniper Rifle" - 狙擊槍 - Used by specialized units for missions of recce
    "Designated Marksman Rifle" - 半/自動/狙擊步槍 - Used by infantry soldiers with regular units to fill the role of matching longer than usual engagement range.

2: What I'm trying to say is, it was/is NEVER a "SNIPER RIFLE" - it was never designated as a "SNIPER RIFLE" or when my Chinese mind string together the words: it was never designated as the "Type 97 5.56mm [sniper rifle]". You can still call it a "Type" rifle or "KBU-97(a/b/-1)"

3: I was taught to avoid the use of regular infantry ammunition as it could damage or affect the QBU-88 rifle. Similar to how infantry gets specialized long range match ammo for the DMR, and regular ball rounds for the regular rifles. - So you agree with me but still against it?? - Now I do not understand... I have said before, it shares the same caliber but not the same ammo.
    Same caliber, NOT same ammo. By the way, the powder charge in the ammo for QBU-88 is completely different. I don't imagine they disclose information like that to the public.

3a: "Real Sword" is indeed a Hong Kong hobby company. I agree. They are owned by Japanese backers. Manufacturing plant for parts are NOT in Hong Kong, but mainland China. Given the current crisis with Japan right now, do you think they can stand to lose your business in the airsoft industry?

4: Call it what you want, still, a mag is a mag, calling it a banana mag sounds so gangster! (Gangsta!) "Hey Bro, I'm out, pass me that Banana mag so I can reload my AK!" vs. "I'm OUT! NEED SOME FRESH MAGS!"

5: Congrats and it's great to hear that no one you know has been prosecuted due to selective religion/belief. Good for you and you can live happily in your understanding of the Hong Kong Administration. Unfortunately for those that lived close to the border or have family members in mainland China that practice selective religion/belief, have been sent to re-education camps, 5 generations re-education program, or ultimately death for disobedience.

6: You asked in the 1st post for bringing the QBB-97, with pictures, mag descriptions, and all that fun jazz for less than $3000

7: If you are referring to the P.S. notes about the M27 IAR, I was merely trying to make a joke that the M27 IAR is not really popular with soldiers. It is still an AR-15 but with Gas Piston. I know soldiers who've dreaded with the constant upkeep of the AR-15 platform, the care and maintenance, oiling and cleaning the gunk out, debris binding stuff up... just not a pretty picture. Plus that M27 IAR hasn't even fielded out in the States so how can they receive feedback on its function? End of the day, the M27 IAR is a glorified Gas Piston AR-15/16/M4/M-whatever/C7/C8.

And yes, you may make fun of me for fleeing Hong Kong/China, I'm glad my time there has served many and saved many.
    It makes sense to stand up to what I believe in, I like my freedom, I like to have my choice to help others rather enslave them under a rule made convenient to some.

If you are still so inclined to make fun of me for fleeing the oh-so-scary China/Hong Kong, just remember. You are here now, you are free to purchase functional firearms and are free to discharge those firearms in a safe manner at your leisure. China/Hong Kong has anti-gun-ownership laws, unless you are military, police, or border/coast guards you can only play with your toy AirSoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    I think this is where half your misunderstanding comes from. See, I was raised and schooled in Hong Kong, but I actually paid attention during English classes. So I'll try to clear some things up for you.
    1. The Russian and Chinese armies didn't make a distinction between snipers and designated marksmen until very recently. Until very recently they called both roles by the same name.

I'm not sure why you're contradicting yourself... QBZ 95 is also known as the Type 95. The QBZ 56C carbine based on the AK47 is also called the Type 56C. So colloquially it would have been known as a Type 97 sniper rifle. So which is it? Never a Type 97 Sniper Rifle? Or there WAS a Type 97 sniper rifle called KBU-97A? You can't choose both.
    3. The QBU-88 can chamber and fire the QBZ 95 ammunition. The only difference between the two rounds is weight, and how much steel is inside of it. The QBU-88 have tighter rifling required to stabilize the heavier 5.8mm, whereas the QBZ 95 does not. You could still shoot the QBU-88, QJY-88, or QBB-95 ammunition out of the QBZ 95, but this is considered unsafe and will yield poor performance. This all changed when the QBZ 95-1 came out, as both could fire the "heavy" 5.8mm.
    3a. Real Sword is actually a Hong Kong company who bought the Chinese factory that used to make real firearms for the Chinese army. Don't believe me? email them yourself and ask.
    service@realsword.com.hk
    4. No, you can't call it a clip. A clip is used to charge a magazine. Banana refers to the shape of the magazine, and people call the AR15 STANAG as a "straight magazine" vs the AK47's "banana magazine".
    5. I won't ask you what you did there you had to escape the country to avoid a bullet to the head. I stayed in Hong Kong past the 1997 handover and everybody I know there are perfectly fine.
    6. When did I say I wanted it under $1000?
    7. Ok I don't even know what you are trying to get at here. I think your lack of English comprehension is the cause of your misunderstanding.

I'm really just trying to give you the info. Sorry to force feed it into you. But I know you don't speak English very well, so depending on where you are in Canada, I may be able to recommend some English tutors to you.

Cheers!

Edit:

Wait a minute...

It all makes sense now!

(Sorry, couldn't resist :D)

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the quick reply, now let's get on to business.

I am perfectly fluent in Chinese, so I'll discuss the names first. 狙擊槍 is directly translated as sniper gun, 狙擊步槍 is sniper rifle. Both confer the same meaning, although in recent years they may have put new meanings to the same terms. Before the FY-JS and other "sniper rifles", there were no distinctions between a sniper rifle or a designated marksmen rifle. Snipers and marksmen used the same rifles, and that is either the Type 79, Type 85, or the Type 88. Any change to the usage of the two terms must come have come in the last decade or so. This also renders 2. moot.
    3. I never said they used the same ammo, what I tried to say is that they are indeed interchangeable in emergencies.
    3a. It was a Hong Kong company started by citizens of Hong Kong. Now whether some Japanese are shareholders of the company, and whether they are the majority shareholder (I have reasons to believe this is not the case) is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    4. Self explanatory
    5. Never said nobody were arrested. I'm not going to explore the politics involved with both sides of the story here.
    6. Yeah, I'd rather have it under $3000 if possible. Is that not reasonable?
    7. http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...ne-infantrymen These guys certainly love the IAR.

If your life was truly in danger due to injustice, then I'm glad you made it over. However, there are always two sides to every story, not everybody who fled China are innocent. Still, I'll assume you're not a criminal, and as this is not a political forum, I'll just leave the issue as it is.

Who the hell is going to be bringing in more QBU-88/KBU-97A/Type-88 rifles soon anyway?
    The last importer isn't doing it this next round because "somebody else is now", so I hope they tell us.

CGN frequent flyer
    What we need is for someone to import the 95 versions, along with a good supply of magazines, and Chinese calibre ammunition. The Chinese like money, if the firearms satisfy the RCMP there should be no reason why not. It would be kind of cool! OK, not as convenient as 5.56/stanag, but probably work a hell of a lot better. On my type 97 all the problems relate to the magazines and feeding -- exactly the thing that is different between the 97's and the 95's. Surprise surprise. I bet the 95's are absolutely flawless.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post
    What we need is for someone to import the 95 versions, along with a good supply of magazines, and Chinese calibre ammunition. The Chinese like money, if the firearms satisfy the RCMP there should be no reason why not. It would be kind of cool! OK, not as convenient as 5.56/stanag, but probably work a hell of a lot better. On my type 97 all the problems relate to the magazines and feeding -- exactly the thing that is different between the 97's and the 95's. Surprise surprise. I bet the 95's are absolutely flawless.
    The Type 95's arent "flawless", but the upgraded version, the Type 95-1 is very close to perfection, at least on paper and some reviews. Anyways, I am hoping the Type 97-1 will be the same, when it becomes available.

BANNED
    Word is Chnese ammo wont be coming here anymore so not likely

FF
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    This thread is so off the rails. If it was more about getting a heavy barrel squad version it would be nice. Starting it with Airsoft and then trying to out-do each other on their Chinese has made it a sh#t show.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    This thread is so off the rails. If it was more about getting a heavy barrel squad version it would be nice. Starting it with Airsoft and then trying to out-do each other on their Chinese has made it a sh#t show.
    I don't see it that way. I see good natured banter between gun enthusiastes!!! Lots of info between both of them! Maybe if they both have contacts back on the mainland they can team up and turn it into a T97 go to source for scopers, slings, bipods , drum mags?? All the stuff we are looking for??? All original PLA issue of course. No knock off stuff!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast